Work From Home Jobs in Abu Dhabi, Moms Jobs in Abu Dhabi
Work From Home Jobs in Abu Dhabi, Moms Jobs in Abu Dhabi, Under the supervision of the English Language (EL) Coordinator, the EL Program Assistant provides essential administrative support for the English Language department and the teachers. This position is primarily based in the Rabat, Agdal Office, but may require periodic support to the Casablanca site.
The position will be based on the 4th floor English Language Department but will also require duty at the ground floor Front Desk as a Customer Service Representative (CSR) and circulation among the English language classrooms. The EL Program Assistant will primarily report to the EL Coordinator, but during periods when at the Front Desk, will respond to directions from the CSR Manager.
|Post Name||English Language Program Assistant|
|Company Name||Amideast, Inc.|
|Expected Salary||AED 6000 To AED 7000 Per Month|
|Address||Work From Home, Abu Dhabi|
- Provide regular support to teachers during and between classes (e.g., stepping into classrooms to support with discipline issues or respond to student needs, ensuring teachers have access to whatever they need for a successful class).
- Serve as a secondary point of contact for the English teachers in Rabat while keeping the Coordinator updated on those interactions. This may involve communicating announcements, supporting teachers with routine questions, or escalating any inquiries that need to be addressed by other departments (HR, Finance, CSR, etc.).
- Foster a dynamic sense of team and positive involvement in the program on the part of teachers.
- Report to the EL Coordinator any compliance issues with respect to standards of professionalism (e.g., punctuality, language use in the classroom, and appropriate dress).
- Update and manage the use of AMIDEAST’s Learning Management System (LMS) for teachers and students to effectively engage with the site.
- Organize, monitor, and maintain (with the teachers’ help) the Teachers Room, including the photocopiers, PCs, and reference materials library.
- Track, re-order when necessary, and provide teachers, with needed supplies for the photocopier, markers, erasers, scissors, tape, colored pencils, folders, etc).
- Print assessments for teachers, as necessary.
- Lead the volunteer team to help guide students to class at the beginning of each session and print attendance sheets for double or triple classes of the same level and put them on the doors
- Support the EL Coordinator in developing a program of enhancement activities designed to engage current and prospective students with English-related opportunities both in and outside class.
- Create and maintain documents, spreadsheets, and databases for the EL department as needed.
- Perform other tasks as may be required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least one year of demonstrated experience assisting with the administration and logistics of projects.
- Teaching experience in Morocco is preferred, but not required.
- Experience working with teachers in an administrative setting.
- Knowledge and understanding of the student-centered approach to education and the communicative approach to language learning.
- A level of comfort with IT and the ability to learn how to use a Learning Management System.
- Knowledge and understanding of Moroccan culture and educational environment.
- Team-oriented with the ability to work effectively with diverse teacher groups.
- Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with students, parents, teachers, and Amideast staff.
- Ability to problem solve and address contentious issues fairly and expeditiously.
|Education Required||Bachelor’s Degree|
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
The incumbent in this position will work in a professional office environment and will utilize the following equipment when working from the corporate office or remote home office (either on a full-time, temporary, or hybrid basis).
- Computer (laptop or desktop).
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
This position description is an overview of the major functions and requirements of this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of the position; the Employee’s Manager may assign other duties as related or as otherwise deemed appropriate and necessary within the general scope, without the need for additional compensation.
Amideast is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Positions that involve interaction with children will be required to read, acknowledge, and comply with and attend special training in accordance with the Child Protection and Safeguarding policy.
All Amideast representatives must comply with the Code of Conduct and all applicable organizational policies which include but are not limited to, Anti-Human Trafficking and Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.
Established in 1951, Amideast is an American nonprofit organization dedicated to creating hope, opportunity, and mutual understanding among people in the Middle East, North Africa, and United States through life-changing opportunities for education and cultural exchanges.
Working with local, regional, and international partners, we provide programs and services that improve educational opportunity and quality, expand access to U.S. study, empower youth and women, strengthen local institutions, and develop language and professional skills for success in the global economy. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., Amideast operates offices in 11 countries in the MENA region.