High Paying Work from Home Jobs in Canada
Work from Home Canada Jobs for Indian, The Product Growth team is focused on accelerating Hopper’s user growth, which until now has been primarily through high-volume paid advertising. Now, we’re looking to build new products in our app that will help us activate, retain and acquire new users at scale.
We’ll be testing a wide range of new ideas, from redesigning the onboarding, to building gamification, flash sales, team buying, and other experimental features. Overall, our goal is to pair Hopper’s world-class travel marketplace with the growth and retention mechanisms inspired by mobile games, super-apps, and category-leading retailers.
As an Android engineer on the Product Growth team, you’ll be building out the product, helping design and implement new features, and driving the product direction to make sure we solve the right user problems and find innovative ways to delight our customers.
You’ll collaborate with an integrated team of talented engineers, designers, PMs, and data scientists to break down complex problems, experiment quickly, and build things at an internet scale.
|Post Name||Senior Android Developer|
We help customers spend less and travel better. Hopper combines its world-class travel agency offering with proprietary fintech products to save travelers money. We aspire to be the world’s best – and most fun – place to book travel.
Call us nerds, we don’t mind. At the heart of Hopper, the app is a prediction algorithm that processes trillions of data points, allowing us to make precise and personalized travel recommendations.
Hopper has raised over $590M. Our investors believe in our product and support our mission to change the way the world travels.
Responsibilities for Online Jobs Work from Home:
- Deeply, directly, contribute to a suite of Growth related products, services, and infrastructure
- Collaborate with a team of talented engineers, developing innovative solutions to challenging, impactful problems
- Contribute to the maintenance and improvement of our microservices, and to feature implementation across our mobile apps and other presentation layers, as may be required
- Thoughtfully assist with the evolution of our ops processes, participating in the on-call rotation for Growth owned domains
- Quickly prototype new ideas and run experiments to identify features that users love
- Help evolve our mobile architecture to consistently improve development efficiency
- Influence the technical direction of the team and the strategic direction of the product
Benefits for Senior Android Developer Jobs in Canada for Indian:
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary, and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- $200 annual travel stipend (available in most countries)
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
- Android: Kotlin w/ some Java
- iOS: Swift
- Backend: Scala w/ some Python
- Storage: Postgres, BigQuery
- Infrastructure: GCP, K8s, Terraform
|Salary||CAD 100000 To CAD 120000 Per Year|
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Education Required||Bachelor’s degree in Computer|
More About Hopper for Senior Android Developer Jobs in Canada from India:
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel-related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!