|Post Name||Fabricator Welder|
|Address||Auckland, New Zealand 0624|
Welding Jobs in New Zealand With Sponsorship, Reporting to the Assistant Production Manager and based on the Devonport Naval Base, this position will execute a range of Heavy Fabrication activities associated with ship and shore-based Maintenance, Repair, Overhaul, and Installation.
Babcock International Group, the aerospace, and defense company has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services for over a century.
Across Australia and New Zealand, Babcock has grown to a team of over 1,300 talented people, and we are on a path of continued growth and expansion. We operate across sectors such as defense, commercial marine, aviation, airports, communications, emergency services, and engineering consultancy.
If you would like to join us and help create a safe and secure world, together, please apply via the ‘Apply Now button below.
To learn more about us visit www.babcock.com.au
We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds and experiences however, the successful candidate must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and capable of obtaining a New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) Security Clearance.
Please note, should your application progress you may be required to complete pre-employment checks. These checks may include but are not limited to, reference checks, MOJ, security checks, qualifications, and right to work.
The health and safety of our people, customers, and communities is our number one priority. By requirement of a New Zealand Defence Force directive, you must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and are required to provide proof of vaccination status.
Babcock Australasia is a Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to responding to every applicant
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Constructing fabrications from materials such as Mild Steel, Aluminium, Stainless Steel, and Copper Nickel
- Roll, bend, cut, and shape plates, pipes, beams, and other heavy fabrications by using Heavy Fabrication workshop machinery.
- Undertake to weld ferrous & non-ferrous materials.
- Fabricate new medium and heavy gauge pipe systems utilizing mocking up techniques of existing or old Pipe systems.
- Develop from new or repair existing Fabricated products.
- Assist with estimate development/recommendations relating to Coatings modifications, alterations, and proposed maintenance.
- Make recommendations for workshop process and procedure improvements or changes to maintenance routines.
You will have a Trade Certificate (Level 4) and relevant welding qualifications, ideally with 5 + years of experience in a Marine or Industrial Heavy Fabrication discipline. You come with a variety of heavy fabrication skills, excellent problem-solving abilities, and can work under pressure. You actively promote Health and Safety and take care to protect yourself and others at all times.
|Salary||NZD 58000 To NZD 65000 Per Year|
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Education Required||Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering|
Your future at Babcock – what we offer you:
- We provide an agile work environment where you can work onsite and remotely and set you up for this we provide a laptop and work from the home kit if required, in addition, we offer a compressed week which can give you even more flexibility.
- Our work-life integration policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, wellbeing leave, and paid parental leave.
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, supported by our capability framework plus ongoing access to self-led learning modules through LinkedIn Learning and access to study leave.
- You’ll have access to rewards that will provide you with endless discounts across retail, health, entertainment, travel, and much more, plus novated leasing options and corporate shares plan.
- Your well-being is supported through our online well-being program Munch, Mind, Move, Money, access to our employee assistance program plus you can access two days annually from your leave as wellbeing days.
- You’ll be able to participate in our recognized program which is an opportunity to recognize the outstanding work our people do every day in living our principles which are Be kind, Collaborate, Be Curious, Think Outcomes, Be Courageous, and Own & Deliver.