|Post Name||Welder Jobs in Canada for Indian, Welder Jobs in Canada|
|Company Name||S & C Electric Company|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Working Hours||8 Hour|
|Location||Toronto, Ontario, Canada M3C 0J1|
|Min. Salary||CAD 45000 to|
|Max. Salary||CAD 50000 Per Year|
|Qualification||High School Diploma|
Do you want to be a part of a global team whose mission is to be the leading specialist in electric power switching, protection, and control by creating innovative solutions that are easily applied and provide the best long-term value?
We help companies like Bruce Power, Toronto Hydro, Hydro Quebec, and many others keep the lights on for their customers.
We design, assemble, provide post-sales support, and everything in between. Our business is fostered around our core values of personal integrity, respect for people, commitment to excellence, and responsible stewardship. We are happy to share that we are a landfill-free company.
We take our commitment to our Team Members, Customers, and the environment seriously.
S&C is continuing to grow. Where do you come in? We are looking for a talented and experienced Welder who has a passion for innovation and in their field of expertise, enjoys working as part of a team, and is committed to helping us become a leader in our industry.
- Read blueprints and welding drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures.
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements.
- Set up components, fixtures, and equipment for welding according to specifications.
- Align components using calipers, rulers, etc., and clamp pieces to lay pieces, parts to achieve the desired result.
- MIG and TIG welding of components.
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structures to discover flaws and ensure that they meet S&C quality standards.
- Operate an overhead or Jib crane to move parts and products in a safe manner.
- Clean and deburr finished weldments and inspect for weld quality and completeness.
- High School Diploma. A diploma or Apprenticeship in welding is considered an asset.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience welding and setting up welding equipment.
- Experience with MIG and TIG welding.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical documents, or welding process specifications.
- Knowledge of basic math and ability to do calculations using fractions and decimals.
- Ability to weld different materials and gauge sizes such as steel, stainless steel, and aluminum.
- A team player with good communication skills.Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
In return, we will provide you with
- A safe and fun working environment where we celebrate our milestones.
- competitive compensation that includes 100% paid medical benefits, pension plan, annual bonus, and other perks.
- Access to S&C University, our internal learning platform which gives you an opportunity to learn new skills and improve on the ones you already have.
This was the first reliable device able to protect against the high currents in distribution substations. Its invention helped pioneer the widespread adoption and spread of electricity. Today, we apply our century-long heritage of innovation to address the challenges facing the power grids of today and tomorrow.
With a dedicated focus on reliability and resilience, we help reduce the duration of power outages from hours to seconds‒or to no outage at all. We design systems to withstand the impacts of time and nature and help keep the lights on in homes, hospitals, fire stations, and factories around the world.
With more than 100 years of grid expertise, S&C is focused on helping customers make sure their grid is ready for the next 100 years with unparalleled expertise, industry-leading quality, and customer-centered innovation.