Data Science Jobs in Uk for Indian Graduates
|Post Name||Graduate – Data Science|
|Company Name||British Airways|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Working Hours||8 Hour|
|Location||Heathrow, England, United Kingdom TW6 2PL|
|Min. Salary||GBP 33600 to|
|Max. Salary||GBP 33600 Per Year|
|Qualification||Degree in Data Science|
Visa Sponsorship Jobs In Uk For Indian, Airlines are complex, everchanging and data-rich, which means that the industry provides one of the most varied and interesting places for data and analytics professionals to work.
Problems like determining the optimal mix of aircraft to buy for the next years, or how to improve overbooking set up, require a creative approach to identifying and exploiting value from current and new data sources, applying advanced analytical techniques and visualizations.
You will apply your analytical skills to influence real-life multi-million-pound decisions from day one, making a tangible impact on the business as your recommendations, tools and models drive key business decisions.
You will provide the analytics input into key business projects. These projects cover all aspects of the airline from Operations to Network Planning to Commercial and have a big impact on the profitability, sustainability, and customer satisfaction of our company by increasing revenue, reducing costs, helping to manage risks, and optimizing our customer experience. Because of this, you will have the opportunity to work across a variety of business functions and form close working relationships with decision-makers and leaders within the business.
Across the program, you will have the opportunity to develop your Data Science and Data Visualisation skills on a project-by-project basis across different areas of the business.
Are you a curious, innovative thinker? Do you see yourself as a creative and collaborative problem solver with a talent for communicating complex ideas who can apply your numerical competence to identify trends, patterns and insights from data?
From an academic point of view, we are looking for a minimum of a degree (with significant Numerical /Data Science / Advanced Analytics / Applied Statistics / Computer Science content) and a minimum of grade B at A-Level Maths (or equivalent).
What’s in it for you?
Looking to join our graduate scheme? You won’t be disappointed. Recently winning TargetJobs ‘Most Popular Graduate Employer in the Transport, Logistics and Supply Chain’ category, and being ranked #17 in the GTI Top 300 Graduate Employers, we can’t wait to welcome you into the British Airways family.
We have many benefits for graduates at British Airways, here is a handful to showcase the diversity of our graduate community:
- Part of the British Airways graduate network and community, with the opportunity to engage with graduates from all schemes in the business and learn from former graduates.
- Involvement in our ambitious sustainability vision, volunteering an active role to champion specific community groups including LGBTQ+ ‘Flying Proud’ and ethnic minority network ‘BeMe’.
- Involvement in Community Investment programs, taking part in fundraising challenges for partnership charities and supporting causes close to your heart.
- Volunteering in schools, colleges, and universities, sharing personal experiences to inspire, motivate and coach students and support their potential to gain employment in the industry we love.
- Access to heavily discounted flights to globe-trot, and a generous annual leave entitlement to turn your bucket list into reality.
Further information & Next Steps
We are delighted that you are considering applying! Here’s some more information you may need about the application process:
- All sections of your application need to be complete, including all online tests, by the deadline given.
- Due to the high volume of applications, you may only apply for one graduate program. We would recommend for you to read about each graduate scheme before applying as only your first application will be considered.
- If you are successful with the online tests, you will be invited to complete a short video interview and application questions within a given timeframe.
- Across all stages of the application process, if you fail to submit by the deadline, your application will be automatically withdrawn.
Do you have any questions or need advice? We will be running weekly virtual drop-in centers for applicants to talk to our recruitment team. Come along any Tuesday between 4 pm-5 pm by joining the MS teams link.
Join our graduate team to find out more about this program where you can register to attend a webinar Live Q&A.
Click here to find out more about the event and register your attendance. Don’t forget to keep an eye on our main event page on the careers website to see any events you can join to find out more information and top tips, as well as which universities and events we will be attending.