USA – The Home Depot Jobs, Home Depot Work From Home, Home Depot Careers
USA – The Home Depot Jobs, Home Depot Work From Home, Home Depot Careers, User Experience Principals work hand in hand, often pairing, with other members of product teams to bring products to life. They look for opportunities to connect the dots across product teams and surface key dependencies.
The User Experience Principal is responsible for designing intuitive, quality products through collaboration with end users and modern software development teams. Principals work directly with end users and senior business stakeholders to understand needs and synthesize hypotheses as well as recommendations.
There is also an expectation that the User Experience Principal leads the creation and communication of designs within and across product teams. As a User Experience Principal, you will be extremely knowledgeable across the various UX disciplines and are expected to build and grow the skillsets of the more junior Designers on the team.
|Post Name||ENTERPRISE USER EXPERIENCE PRINCIPAL (REMOTE)|
|Company Name||Home Depot|
|Expected Salary||USD 140000 Per Year|
|Address||Work From Home, United States|
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:50% – Strategy & Planning:
- Communicates with the key user and operational groups to understand business needs
- Elicits ideas and assists team members with gaining shared understanding, and aligns the product team and stakeholders
- Presents complex design concepts, user needs, and design rationale to multidisciplinary teams, as well as to key
- stakeholders and business partners
- Provides guidance on the design of products while keeping in mind dependencies and integration with other products across the enterprise
- Documents, reviews and ensures that all quality and change control standards are met
- Leads the analysis of user experience data and provides recommendations to address business needs
- Coaches and pairs with product team members (UX, engineering, and product management) across product teams to
- design solutions and share best practices
- Leads the creation of designs such that information is easy to find, consume and understand
- Leads the communication of ideas and designs to end users and product team members
- Participates in and contributes to learning activities around modern software design and development core practices (communities of practice)
- Guides and mentors more junior team members in strategy, alignment, analysis, and execution tasks
Environment:2. Located in a comfortable indoor area. Conditions could produce mild discomfort on occasion.
Travel:Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States
Education Required:The knowledge, skills, and abilities are typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience:6 years
Physical Requirements:Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions, there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
|Education Required||Bachelor’s Degree Program or Equivalent Degree in a Field|
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
- 6-8 years of relevant work experience
- Mastery of two or more of the following disciplines: user research, interaction design, information architecture, and visual design; Experience with the others
- Mastery of translating user needs into visual assets and guiding others to do so
- Mastery of analyzing both quantitative and qualitative data and presenting findings and recommendations and guiding others to do so
- Proficiency in rapid prototyping and visualization
- Mastery of leveraging research and usability strategy deliverables such as discovery findings, mental models, scenarios, user journey maps, personas, debrief documentation, screeners, testing plans, task lists, low and high fidelity prototypes, annotated wireframes, and/or clickable prototypes
- Proficiency in leveraging approaches to translating findings into tangible designs such as heuristic reviews, usability testing, competitive product analysis, web metrics data, field research, quantitative surveys, user interviews, and persona development
- Mastery of rapid prototyping and visualization tools such as Axure, iRise, Balsamiq, Omnigraffle, Visio, Adobe CC, and UXPin
- Proficiency in visual software tools such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Fireworks
- Mastery of using and proficiency in generating style guides, iconography, and/or typography
- Proficiency in guiding more junior team members through User Experience fundamentals in a professional setting
- Mastery of working as part of a collaborative, cross-functional modern software development team
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Balances Stakeholders: Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Business Insight: Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Customer Focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Drives Engagement: Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
- Drives Vision and Purpose: Painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Manages Complexity: Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Optimizes Work Processes: Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Organizational Savvy: Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics
- Self-Development: Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels
- Situational Adaptability: Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
- Paid parental leave to bond with your new addition
- 401(K) savings plan with company match
- Merit increases and performance bonuses
- On-the-spot recognition and rewards for a job well done