US : Netflix Binge Watcher Job, Netflix Hiring Binge Watchers, Netflix Viewer, Fueled by the broad appeal of the instantaneous enjoyment of unlimited original and licensed movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to over 220 million paid memberships in over 190 countries.
Have you ever wondered how we account for content in our financial statements? Are you curious and invested in how to automate workflows for Accounting? Do you enjoy managing and analyzing large data that is used in critical business decisions? If yes, we are looking for you to join other stunning colleagues in Los Angeles who share a passion to continue to build the premiere entertainment company in the world that is powered by technology.
Netflix has recently expanded into Gaming and this role provides you the chance to join a team that is committed to transforming the perception of what entertainment is and how it can be enjoyed through the Netflix service.
It’s a great time to join our team as we build out workflows and systems to account for our Games business from the ground up and we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to scale with our growth opportunity.
|Post Name||Content Accountant, Games|
|Expected Salary||USD 68000 To USD 75000 Per Year|
|Address||Los Angeles, California, United States 90028|
QUALITIES WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Fundamentals of Accounting- We’d like you to have 3+ years of relevant accounting experience under your belt backed by a bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or finance; a CPA license is preferred.
- Industry experience is not essential if you are enthusiastic about the position, have a strong accounting background, and are capable of learning quickly. A love for gaming or accounting experience at a gaming company is a plus!
- Attention to detail + love for data – We pride ourselves on producing high-quality work, scrutinizing important numbers and formulas for accuracy, and using spreadsheets and system data to reconcile accounts and solve problems; we like our accountants to love Excel pivot tables and be unphased by large data sets.
- Enthusiasm and quick learning – Enthusiasm for designing and building new accounting systems and making improvements to existing systems. Prior work with contract review (revenue, leases, or other complex documents), data entry and analysis, research, and other problem-solving tasks is helpful, but we understand you probably have never done content accounting. That’s OK with us because we’ll teach you as long as you’re excited about learning.
- Curiosity and passion – Our team members ask probing questions, challenge the status quo, make changes to improve processes, and have fun while doing it all; a positive attitude and never settling for “good enough” is key, along with fitting into our unique company culture.
- Adaptable – You have to be comfortable in an ever-changing ecosystem of content, finance, and accounting issues and projects.
- You embrace and advocate the Netflix culture and our long-term view.
MORE DETAILS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Based in our Hollywood office, reporting to the management team in Content Accounting.
- Part of the team responsible for the financial integrity of the company’s gaming contractual commitments, assets (capitalization), liabilities (payments), and expenses (amortization and development).
- Perform monthly close tasks (such as capitalization roll forwards, accrual analyses, and reconciliations).
- Review and prepare documentation of games development agreements, which includes interpreting contractual terms and understanding the application of our accounting policies.
- Account for games content costs and work with business partners to understand the full cost of both externally and internally developed games.
- Establish analytics and processes for this new and growing area of the business.
- Drive process implementation, and improvements and contribute to exciting projects.
- Cross-functional interaction with teams outside of Content Accounting, including those across finance and games studio organizations.
As Netflix continues to expand its content offering, the accounting and operational complexities are also growing. There are new challenges we’re facing, and there’s plenty of fun we’re having. Come be a part of it and help make a positive impact!
Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check prior to starting with us.
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Education Required||bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or finance|
Interview Questions for Content Accountant:
- Tell me about yourself!
- What are the different types of accounting?
- Which accounting platforms have you worked on? Which one do you prefer the most?
- What is working capital?
- Give a suggestion to improve the company’s working capital flow.
- How do you maintain accounting accuracy?
- Since you mentioned that MS Excel is your favorite, please give us three cases where Excel will make your life easier.
- What is TDS? Where do you show TDS on a balance sheet?
- What is the difference between ‘accounts payable (AP)’ and ‘accounts receivable (AR)’?
- What is the difference between a trial balance and a balance sheet?
- Is it possible for a company to show positive cash flows and still be in grave trouble?
- What are the common mistakes in accounting?
- What is the difference between inactive and dormant accounts?
- Why do you think Accounting Standards are mandatory?