Urgent Job Vacancy in UK 2022/23
Urgent Job Vacancy in UK 2022/23, We are looking for a Digital Communications Officer to join our small and friendly communications team. The Team provides the UWC movement with strategic leadership, support, and advice in the area of internal and external communications, including UWC’s web and social media presence, PR, promotion, marketing, crisis communications, and more.
This role requires a creative and solution-oriented person, who enjoys taking on different projects and learning about new digital tools, with the ultimate goal of strengthening UWC’s digital presence and supporting the various UWC International stakeholders in their digital work.
If this sounds like you, then read on for further details.
|Post Name||Digital Communications Officer|
|Company Name||UWC International|
|Expected Salary||GBP 28000 Per Year|
|Address||London, England, United Kingdom WC1A 1BS|
- Daily management of UWC International social media channels, including content creation, sourcing, monitoring, and reporting to build engagement and grow our audience.
- Maintain UWC International channels and digital content including the UWC website, newsletters, and internal microsites.
- Support the implementation of the social media strategy and plan by sourcing, creating, editing, scheduling, and posting written, visual, audio, and video content that drives awareness of the UWC movement is shareable and supports the promotion work of UWC national committees (NCs) and UWC short courses.
- Manage the Communications inboxes, responding to queries in liaison with the rest of the team, particularly the Communication and Engagement Officer.
- Produce an in-house design for publications and promotional materials and social media assets as required.
- Support the Digital Communications Coordinator in the management and development of UWC’s audiovisual database.
- Support the Digital Communications Coordinator if and when needed in ensuring that the UWC International Office team makes the best use of online communication tools to facilitate their work, including project management tools, internal communication tools (especially Slack and Zoom), and Google Workspace (including the maintenance of mailing/access lists).
- Keep up to date with developments in e-communications, social and audiovisual media, and website development, and share/apply this knowledge across the UWC movement.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform other duties as required.
Essential experience and knowledge
- Experience supporting the management and moderation of social media channels, the development and optimization of websites, and the creation and delivery of email marketing strategies.
- Experience in the creation of visual content, including the use of Canva and/or Adobe Creative Suite.
- Excellent drafting and editing skills for different media and target groups.
- Knowledge and understanding of digital tools such as Google Workspace, Mailchimp, Slack, and Zoom, and the ability to support others with them.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to communicate well with others and build relationships across different groups of people.
- Ability to manage a varied workload, prioritize, and manage work effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and the ability to communicate in a confident and engaging manner at all levels.
- Ability to work accurately with strong attention to detail.
- Proactive, with the ability to take initiative and work to deadlines under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work cooperatively and flexibly as a member of a team, with a willingness to support others.
- A commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion and the ability to ensure it is applied consistently.
- Proven ability to deliver and report upon agreed targets and plans within agreed deadlines.
- Values own knowledge but always willing to learn and remain open to alternative views and perspectives.
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
- Proficient in using Adobe InDesign and other relevant tools to create appealing visual content for different platforms (print and/or online)
- Experience with Google Workspace’s admin dashboard
- Experience with website management and content creation
- Fluency in a second-world language
- Visa requirements
- Diversity Statement
We operate hybrid working arrangements, with 20% of the week working in the office and 80% from home. There is the option to work additional days in the office if requested. These arrangements will be reviewed later this year. We support flexible working and would be happy to discuss working patterns with candidates.
Any requirement to travel for work will be subject to a risk assessment and will take into account official government guidance on COVID-19 and any other health or security considerations applicable at the time.
Applications Process and Deadline
Please send your CV and cover letter in English (each a maximum of 2 pages), outlining your experience with the job requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You should provide the name and contact details of two referees; including their job titles and the capacity in which you are known to them. We will not contact your referees without first letting you know. Please also indicate how you heard about this role, in your application.
Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Changing the world takes passion and dedication
UWC is a global family of schools with a powerful difference. With a shared goal of working towards global peace and sustainability, we bring together young people from around the world to study in one of our 18 schools on four continents. There they don’t just learn how to be great at passing exams.
They learn how to communicate across cultural boundaries. They develop the skills to be a changemaker. They design and engage in initiatives that transform their lives and the lives of those around them for the better.
Our students go on to become leaders in politics, NGOs, social enterprises, community movements, charities, and business. For life, they remain dedicated to the UWC mission and many of them remain in close contact with us, their school, and their peers, becoming part of a global community of changemakers transforming the lives of others.
About UWC International
The UWC International Office is the executive arm of UWC International, a UK registered charity, and is situated at the heart of the UWC movement.
Located in central London and Berlin, the UWC International Office collaborates closely with all stakeholders from across the UWC movement, engages the UWC alumni community of more than 60,000 members, and serves UWC International’s governance bodies.
Responsibilities include global fundraising, global communications, promotion, and marketing, supporting the network of over 150 UWC national committees in their daily work and growth, global strategy development and implementation, and assisting the UWC schools.
- Jobs In UK With Visa Sponsorship £10/Hour
- Jobs in UK for Foreigners, Manager Jobs in UK with Sponsorship