Warehouse Operations Worker $2k Sign on Bonus
Unskilled Jobs with Visa Sponsorship USA 2022, Sysco is the global leader in food service distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
- 401(k) with company matching
- Health insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- STD/LTD insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance
- Product discounts
- Perks at Work
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off
- On-the-job training
- More at Syscobenefits.com
|Post Name||Warehouse Operations Worker $2k Sign on Bonus|
|Expected Salary||USD 20 To USD 22 Per Hour|
|Address||Hampshire, IL, United States 60140|
- Manual pack meat from holding containers into the machine and packing from the machine into boxes
- Unskilled tasks would include bone guarding, boxing, scanning
- Carry out instructions to relax and/or rescan products correctly
- As skills grow, the ability to Identify cuts of meat and types of meat properly
- Ability to identify packaging quality issues and have them corrected
- Process bulk vac/coffin orders independently
- Assist machine operators in running machines and orders through the machine properly (apprentice-type situation)
- Able to work safely with machinery, some heavy lifting required
- Standing for long periods of time, twisted torso all day long, basic ability to read tickets and special requests, ability to recognize cuts of meat, able to write numbers and basic descriptions, basic math, reading and writing skills, able to work in a cold/wet environment fast-paced environment
- Quick and agile
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Affirmative Action Statement
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law. This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries, and affiliates.
|Education Required||High School Diploma|
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
Selects products from inventory and assembles, packs, and transports to staging areas for shipment. Required to work in a freezer, cooler, and dry warehouse and to maintain the appropriate productivity standards. Performs all duties safely, and accurately, and meets set productivity goals.
- Follow the essential selection pick path, select the product, correctly label, and stage the product on the pallet.
- Loading and unloading product deliveries as required
- Record any necessary item information into Warehouse Management System (WMS) or applicable inventory system.
- Maintain accurate records of shortages and reports them to Supervisor.
- Stack product on a pallet with heavier items on the bottom and lighter ones on top to prevent damage to the product in order to maintain a secure pallet.
- Deliver stacked pallets to the assigned areas on a loading dock in an effort to ensure that products are accurately staged and can be systematically loaded.
- Secure pallets with shrink wrap for delivery.
- Work effectively with immediate Supervisor to minimize warehouse shrink (product loss) and general inventory control (cycle and product counts).
- Responsible for the neatness and cleanliness of assigned work areas, and the accuracy of warehouse locations, travel aisles, loading bays, and docks.
- Report any unfixable/unsafe issues (Lock Out/Tag Out items) immediately to the supervisor.
- Observe and enforce all safety rules in an effort to reduce accidents and injuries.
- Operate appropriate material handling equipment, such as forklifts and pallet jacks, in a safe and orderly manner in an effort to reduce accidents and injuries.
- Ensure that material handling equipment is maintained (daily inspection) and clean; report repair or service needs to the supervisor in an effort to reduce equipment damage.
- Ensure warehouse computers and equipment are used in a safe and professional manner.
- Use warehouse computers and equipment in a safe and professional manner.
- Understand and comply with all applicable company policies (i.e. attendance, Code of Business Conduct & Ethics, Associate Handbook, etc.).
- Ensure compliance with all applicable State/Federal laws, regulations, and policies (i.e. OSHA (Occupational Health and Safety Admin.), HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points), BRC, etc).
- Cross-trains in other warehouse functions and performs other warehouse duties as assigned.
- No supervisory experience is needed.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill set, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Education And Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; previous warehouse experience and/or training preferred. Material Handling Equipment preferred. Reach truck experience preferred. Crown and/or Raymond’s reach truck experience is a plus.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to speak effectively in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Certification on material handling equipment or ability to become certified.
Physical Requirements Of The Position
- The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the Human Resource Department if he or she believes that accommodation is needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate regularly is required to use their hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls frequently is required to stand and walk, reach with their hands and arms, climb or balance, talk or hear. The associate is required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 50- 60 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here represent those that associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to fast-moving material handling equipment or other mechanical equipment. The associate is frequently exposed to freezer/cooler warehouse environments. The associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; toxic or caustic chemicals; high voltage electrical equipment and vibration. The noise level in the work environment usually is loud.
- The above statement reflects the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
- This is a full-time position. The incumbent must have the ability to work a varying schedule which might include shift work (days or nights), weekdays or weekends, and some holidays. Work hours may vary or change based on customer order requirements.
- SIGN ON BONUS (If offered)
- Monday – Friday schedules are available
- Competitive pay
- Ongoing job skills training, leadership development training
- Career growth opportunities – we promote from within!
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Generous retirement benefits
- Employee discount programs
- Referral Bonus
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety programs
- Service recognition and employee rewards
- Cross training opportunities
- More benefits, too many to name
For information on Sysco’s Benefits, please visit https://SyscoBenefits.com