Unskilled General Labourer Jobs in Toronto
Unskilled Jobs In Toronto Canada For Foreigners, We are looking for a fit, strong general laborer to perform a variety of physical tasks. General laborers’ responsibilities include receiving goods, performing construction site duties, and operating construction vehicles.
General laborers perform manual duties set out by supervisors. General laborers’ responsibilities include working with power tools, maintaining a clean work environment, and receiving goods.
To be successful as a general laborer you must be able to perform a wide variety of tasks that require stamina and an eagerness to learn on the job. A good general laborer is able to understand instructions and carry them out efficiently within the given deadline.
|Post Name||General Laborer|
|Company Name||Atlantic Packaging Products Ltd.|
|Salary||CAD 20 Per Hour|
|Address||Toronto, Ontario, Canada M1P 2Y9|
Atlantic Packaging Products is a privately owned company that has been in business when Abraham Granovsky and his son Phil first opened the doors to a small converting plant in downtown Toronto. Since that time, the Granovsky family has led Atlantic through strategic growth, becoming one of the largest and most respected companies in Canada.
Through forward-thinking vision, timely acquisitions, and a service-driven mantra, the Granovsky family has transformed Atlantic Packaging into an industry leader, focused on delivering quality sustainable packaging products to large and small customers alike. We have completed 75 glorious years in the packaging and manufacturing industry as we keep striving to improve and enhance our presence.
Basic Responsibility for Jobs in Canada for Unskilled Workers:
- Able to do repetitive lifting/bending/stretching in a hot/humid/dusty environment.
- May need to operate clamp truck and forklift.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with health and safety and housekeeping practices, and
- use of personal protective equipment.
- Operate construction vehicles.
- Use power tools.
- Haul goods from the receiving area.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Ability to work shifts.
- Performing other duties as required.
- Following all company polices as described in the employee handbook.
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Education Required||High School Diploma|
Basic Skills for Labourer Jobs in Toronto for Indians :
- Secondary school education.
- Previous manufacturing experience is required.
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have good organization skills.
- Must have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide).
- Is a team player and results-oriented.
- Stamina and strength to perform manual labor.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Excellent hand-eye-coordination skills.
- Atlantic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Benefits of Working in Canada for Jobs in Ontario for Foreigners for Indians:
There is no doubt that Canada is a popular destination for individuals seeking an overseas career. There are many reasons that make Canada a top destination. These include:
- The economy is the fourteenth largest and this makes Canada one of the richest nations with a consistently high standard of living.
- The jobless rates are lower than those in other nations.
- Canada is making significant contributions to quantum computing, medical advances, space science, and technology.
- Canada is one of the world’s most peaceful nations
The other reasons why Canada is a great place to work include:
- It has a dependable and transparent public finance system that provides greater economic independence.
- The country has strong financial networks and banking systems
- Canada has a comparatively lower rate of unemployment than the U.S., particularly among young people.
- The country provides decent healthcare, paid holidays, and paid leave, including maternal leave and parental leave to workers.
The benefits of working in Canada are many. Let us list some important ones:
Canada has a very low unemployment rate compared to other developed countries. It is rapidly advancing in modern technology making it an ideal place for careers in software development or information technology.
Fields such as aerospace, engineering, telecommunications, and pharmaceuticals offer plenty of job opportunities. With a valid work permit, your spouse or common-law partner is eligible to work in Canada though they will have to get their own work permit.
- In North America, Canada offers the highest minimum wage which can range from $10.50- $13.00 depending on the province. Companies in Canada offer affordable employee healthcare plans. Apart from this, foreign workers here have access to the highly-subsidized healthcare system where everyone is covered including dependents.
- When you are eligible, you can earn compensation if you have lost your job and if you are willing to work but do not get any jobs.
- A person who is pregnant or recently given birth has adopted a child or is caring for a newborn has benefits. New mothers get between 17 and 52 weeks of leave based on their years of employment. Apart from this, one or both parents can get paid leave from the government through Canada’s employment insurance plan.
- If you have a chronically ill family member who is at risk of death, Compassionate Care benefits will support you.
- If one has to be away in order to support such a family member for work.
- One is eligible for Parents of critically ill children benefits if he has a child who is critically injured or ill.
Employees in Canada are eligible for the following legal benefits:
Employment Insurance (EI):- Both the employee and employer must contribute
Canada Pension Plan (CPP):- Both the employee and employer must contribute
Workplace Insurance coverage:- The employer will pay for this
Some employers also offer:-
- Discounted gym memberships.
- Contests with lucrative prizes.
- Extended health benefits.
- Transportation allowances.
- A work vehicle.
- Free childcare.
- Flexible working hours.
- A cell phone and mobile service plan.
- Annual holiday parties.
- Annual financial bonuses.
- RRSP matching.
- Health saving plans.
- Additional educational opportunities.
Interview Questions for General Laborers for General Labor Jobs Near Me 20/Hour:
- Describe some of the equipment or facilities you’ve worked with in the past.
- Have you ever been in a situation where the supervisor was unhappy with your work? What did you learn from the situation?
- Where did you show the ability to be safety-minded in previous positions?
- Tell us about a time when you disagreed with a team member about how to perform a certain task. How did you handle the situation?
- If several machines break down at once, which one would you repair first? Why?