The Housekeeping Runner / Housekeeper serves as a supporting role to the housekeeping manager and leads.
The Housekeeping Runner will aid the Housekeeping Department by delivering the requested item(s) to in-house guests or other team members (irons, coffee, paper products, kitchen utensils, etc.) and correct any cleaning and small items maintenance issues requested by the guest. in the most efficient and effective manner possible, while maintaining the company’s expected high-quality standards and Count On Me philosophy.
They will be responsible for delivering the requested item(s) to guests (linens, irons, coffee, paper products, kitchen utensils, etc.) and correcting any issues requested by the guest. The Housekeeping Runner / Housekeeper will adhere to the company’s safety program.
|Address||Whistler, British Columbia, Canada V8E 0X2|
We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America.
Today, we’re one of the fastest-growing vacation rental companies in the world—thanks to the people who give us their best every day. You’ll fit right in here if you’re curious, entrepreneurial, and thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Operations at Vacasa:
We live by a simple motto: happy team, happy owners, happy guests. Our local people are what set Vacasa apart. We’re hospitality professionals dedicated to the communities we work with. We’re the behind-the-scenes problem-solvers who create worry-free experiences for our owners and guests.
What You’ll Do:
- Professionally clean and maintain Vacasa properties using cleaning procedures and products in conformance with prescribed company standards
- Sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, dusting, and washing all surfaces
- Responsible for constant cleanliness by providing housekeeping throughout the Company Common Area.: Assist housekeeping team with the upkeep of supplies, deliver linen, consumables, paper products, and unit amenities, make beds and, assist with cleaning as needed.
- Remove trash from units and floors as needed. Coordinate and create linen and amenities bags. Receive, sort, fold and collect soiled linen. Organize, clean, and maintain stock levels of department storage areas according to the company’s cleanliness and safety standards. Deliver requested item(s) to guest units (irons, coffee, paper products, kitchen utensils, etc.).
- Maintain positive customer and associate relationships: Respond appropriately to guest and associate inquiries and concerns to ensure total guest satisfaction. Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments.
- Ensure compliance with: Internal Audit, Quality Assurance, Loss Prevention, Resort Operating Procedures, Guest Service Department Operating Procedures, and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Performs other duties as needed.
The Skills You’ll Need:
- Detail-oriented with organizational skills
- Familiarity with cleaning products and equipment
- Ability to read and comprehend routine instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to give high priority to customer service
- Ability to receive, sort, and fold laundry.
- Must maintain a professional appearance and a Can-Do, positive attitude toward all guests and staff
- Must be people-oriented and able to work independently or with others as needed
- Six months related housekeeping or building maintenance experience Reliable transportation
- Weekend availability
- Housekeeping experience, although we can teach you the Vacasa standard
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and lift over 20 pounds
- Comfortable working with computers and the Internet
|Salary||CAD 23 Per Hour|
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Education Required||High School Diploma|
- Extended Medical and Dental
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan – company match
- Ski pass/activity allowance, or travel allowance if from Pemberton or Squamish
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture, monthly socials
- $1000 Sign Bonus (paid in 2 parts)