Unskilled Jobs in Canada for Foreigners With Visa Sponsorship 2022
Unskilled Jobs in Canada for Foreigners With Visa Sponsorship 2022, Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of healthcare services through an integrated network of sites, services, and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Directly accountable to the Supervisor of Housekeeping Services, the Housekeeping Cleaner performs the following general function of Cleaner on the day and evening shifts.
This position is charged with the cleanliness of the Centre and doing various activities such as high dusting, damp dusting, and cleaning, dust mopping, wet and damp mopping, vacuuming and carpet cleaning, floor stripping and refinishing, waste handling and hauling and furniture moving for all building systems and building fixtures.
Performs all duties in accordance with established health and safety regulations/guidelines, policies, and procedures (e.g. utilizing personal, protective equipment as per safe work procedures).
Notifies their Manager or their designates (i.e. supervisors) of all occurrences, injuries, illnesses, or safety and health concerns that are likely to harm themselves, their co-workers, or any others who enter the premises.
|Post Name||Housekeeping Cleaner-Repost|
|Company Name||Shared Health-Soins Communs|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Location||Winnipeg, MB, Canada R3B 2K6|
|Min Salary||CAD 17464|
|Max Salary||CAD 17988 Per Year|
|Qualification||High School Diploma|
- A minimum of one year of previous experience as a housekeeping cleaner in an institutional, commercial, or healthcare facility is preferred.
- A satisfactory employment record is required.
- Completion of Grade X education, Manitoba standards or equivalent.
Qualifications And Skills
- Must be capable of safely operating manual, battery, and electrical-driven housekeeping equipment.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively in oral and written English, and comprehend written and verbal instructions in English.
- The ability to make simple mathematical calculations for dilutions of cleaning solutions and other job-related calculations is required.
- Must demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to work as a team member in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Demonstrates knowledge and support of:
- The vision, values, goals, and objectives of the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority and the Deer Lodge Centre.
- The Deer Lodge Centre’s Mission Statement, Resident Bill of Rights, and Code of Conduct.
- Personal Health Information Act, Protection of Persons in Care Act, Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS), Principles of Routine Practices (Universal Precautions), and other legislated acts.
- Knowledge of institutional or commercial cleaning methods.
- Knowledge of Housekeeping Policies and Procedures.
- Knowledge of patient/staff relationships in a Geriatric Institution.
- Knowledge of hard and resilient floor maintenance methods.
- Knowledge of carpet maintenance methods.
- Knowledge of manual, battery, and electrical-driven housekeeping equipment.
- Ability to learn and apply proper body mechanics, being able to bend, stoop, kneel, and stretch over and under furnishings and the building fixtures.
- Ability to work from and climb stepladders.
- Ability to tolerate cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to use and store cleaning chemicals as per policy and procedure.
- Ability to work as a team member with other housekeepers, nursing, and related disciplines.
- Ability to cope with offensive odors and clean gross soiling (feces, blood, body fluids, etc.)
- Ability to regard each patient/resident as an individual.
- Ability to understand and respect the right of the patient/resident to privacy.
- Ability to keep resident’s/patient’s matters strictly confidential and exercise courtesy and cooperation towards residents, patients, families, visitors, coworkers, and other staff members.
- Ability to recognize daily work routines by observing and judging cleaning requirements.
- Ability to work with little supervision, planning the working day effectively.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships.
- The ability to perform the mental and physical aspects of the position is required.
- May be required to work extended hours.
- May involve exposure to disease, radiation, toxic materials, noise, allergens, blood, feces, body fluids, etc.
- May encounter aggressive and/or patients/residents/staff/visitors.
The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT.
The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment. Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.