UnitedHealth Group Careers Remote From Home, The Customer Service Representative position is full-time based on an anticipated schedule of 35-40 hours per week, Sunday- Saturday.
Employees are required to have the flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 5:00 am-10:00 pm local time. Standard training days are Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm CST for 4 – 5 weeks. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
There are several steps in our hiring process. Please make sure that you have filled out all required sections of your employment application. Once you submit your completed application, you will receive an email with information regarding the next steps including any pre-employment assessment(s) that are required.
|Post Name||Customer Service Representative|
|Salary||USD 16.00 to USD 23.51 Per Hour|
|Education Required||High School Diploma/GED|
- Respond to incoming calls from our customers on issues related to benefit eligibility questions and prescription status inquiries
- Guide and educate callers on their prescription benefits, use of plan, formulary, premiums, and status of orders and claims or inquiries
- Ask appropriate questions and listen actively while documenting required information in computer systems
- Identify issues and communicate solutions and steps to customers, pharmacies, and physicians with prescription orders and reorders
- Make outbound calls to customers on prescription orders and payment issues
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You’ll be called on to research complex issues pertaining to member prescription and /or pharmacy benefits across multiple databases which requires fluency in computer navigation and toggling while confidently and compassionately engaging with the caller.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you a clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in
INTERVIEW PROCESS – Our interview process has been streamlined for your convenience! Your digital, recorded interview will consist of 5 questions and last less than 30 minutes. So, please be articulate, clear, and detailed. Once a decision has been made after your interview, we will let you know!
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) OR equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of customer service experience including providing service over the phone
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Word (ability to open and navigate a word document) and Microsoft Excel (ability to open and navigate a spreadsheet)
- Ability to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of Sunday – Saturday 5:00 am – 11:00 pm local time in Pacific Standard Time OR Mountain Standard Time depending on location
- Call Center experience
- Customer Service experience
- Experience with Adult Learning in a virtual environment
- Experience working with Digital platforms and systems. Web, Chat, email.
- Health Care/Insurance environment (familiarity with medical terminology, health plan documents, or benefit plan design)
- Social work, behavioral health, disease prevention, health promotion, and behavior change (working with vulnerable populations)
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company-sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group-approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Must be able to connect directly to the internet – via hard wire (either directly to modem or router)
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
You’ve heard this all your life. Trust matters. Being trusted matters a lot. Here at OptumRx, we’ve earned the trust of more than 65 million people who rely on us for prescription drugs that improve their health and lifestyle.
Now, we trust that you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our customers and their care providers.
You’ll take as many as 50 to 70 calls per day from members who have questions about their prescriptions and you’ll use your personality and our tools to make each call successful. This is no small opportunity. This is where you can bring your compassion for others while building your career.
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience are different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience, and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation, and Performance.
Helping create positive customer experiences for our members can drive your sense of impact and purpose. Join us as we improve the lives of millions. Learn more about how you can start doing your life’s best work. SM
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; to make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve.
Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential.
For you, that means working on high-performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company, and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work. SM
Colorado, Connecticut, or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $16.00 to $23.51. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $16.00 to $25.77.
Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase, and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements).
No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign-on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare, or related entity on a full-time, part-time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a sign-on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug–free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.