Unilever Jobs UK – Packaging Developer
Unilever Jobs UK – Packaging Developer, Pepsi Lipton is a joint venture between Unilever and PepsiCo to capitalize on the growth of the ready-to-drink TEA segment and operates globally with three well-established brands Lipton, Brisk and Pure Leaf, and new acquisitions such as Tazo and T2.
Our global business is worth 3,0 billion USD today, growing volume at the rate of 4-5% and with a double-digit increase in net revenues. Our vision is to expand our global leadership and enter new benefit areas with current and additional brands.
Europe is a critical, albeit complex, and diverse region spanning Western Europe, Russia, and Turkey with markets at different stages of development, with different consumer habits and different routes to market via a matrix of the franchise, company-owned and third-party manufacturing operating models in which innovation delivery will be a key enable to accelerate growth.
We have an established global technical (R&D and Supply Chain) function based in three main centers: Colworth UK, Valhalla US, and Shanghai, China. The center at Colworth is the primary `hub’ of the PLI technical team from where the Pepsi Lipton R&D team is focused on the European business, whilst also supporting the Shanghai-based team (AMEA focused) and global programs.
A role in Pepsi Lipton is a unique experience in which to develop and add value to your career. Pepsi Lipton although a joint venture between Unilever and PepsiCo operates as a Company and has its own board of directors. Whilst we have the full backing and support of our two parent companies, our entrepreneurial setup gives us real autonomy.
Our roles are broad, our responsibilities big and our experiences even bigger.
We have high visibility and great exposure to senior leadership and too talented colleagues all over the world. It means we need to be impactful, smart influencers.
To support our ambitious sustainability agenda, we are looking for a Packaging Developer to join our Packaging Team in Colworth.
|Post Name||Packaging Developer|
|Expected Salary||GBP 57000 To GBP 60000 Per Year|
|Address||Sharnbrook, England, United Kingdom MK44 1LQ|
The job holder (JH) will be a member of a cross-functional PLI project team (including PLI Supply Chain and Unilever Marketing and Pepsi International Marketing) assisting the packaging development across the Unilever-owned RTD brand portfolio.
In this role, they will support the delivery of the packaging projects in their assigned countries, and cooperate with team members and the test center ensuring the project is adequately planned to achieve OTIF. The JH will work closely with LM to provide project updates and engage with business stakeholders when necessary.
Additional support areas will be the sustainability and productivity agenda, working on EU-led activity to contribute to Global targets.
- Support packaging development for innovation projects, improvement and complexity reduction, and quality improvements.
- Lead packaging projects from brief to implementation
- Cooperate in building comprehensive development testing protocols.
- To test and validate the technical specification of packaging components.
- Deliver packaging to meet the required quality and technical standards through using packaging best practices.
- JH will support the creation of packaging technical specifications.
- Coordination of technical trials in factory lines.
- Develop and maintain the relevant technical expertise and competencies for self.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant Code of Business Principles, site, and company policies.
- R&D Product Development Team
- R&D EU Commercialize Manager
- EU Regional Marketing Teams
- Supply Chain & Pilot plant Team
ALL ABOUT YOU
We are looking for:
- Suitable years of experience working in packaging
- Experience in an FMCG company
- People with the right attitude, mindset, and competencies.
- Enthusiasm and passion for packaging and sustainability.
- Technical education – in engineering, chemical, or science subject.
- Quick learner, action orientated, self-motivated for own success, a “Can Do” attitude.
- Pro-active team working.
- Strong communication skills.
- Project Management experience.
- Working knowledge of a range of packaging materials and technologies (i.e. PET Bottles, Glass Bottles, Closures, Cans, and Beverage Cartons).
- Multi-tasking via planning and organizing skills to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Educated in packaging technology or a related technical discipline.
- Project Leadership Skills.
Travel Requirements: business-trips within Europe may be required.
|Education Required||Engineering Course in Packaging Technology|
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home, and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Dove, Tresemme, Lynx, Lifebuoy, Shea Moisture, Persil, Domestos, Ben & Jerry’s, Magnum, Marmite, The Vegetarian Butcher, Graze and Pot Noodle.
Faced with the challenge of climate change and the need for human development, we want to move towards a world where everyone can live well and within the natural limits of the planet. That’s why our purpose is ‘to make sustainable living commonplace’
What We Offer
Not only do we offer a competitive salary and pension scheme, but we also offer an annual bonus, free gym, a discounted staff shop, and shares. You’ll have the opportunity to work directly with our renowned and exciting brands in a flexible and hybrid working environment.
Whilst the role is advertised on a full-time basis, we would be happy to discuss possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you. We are a key advocate of well-being and offer a variety of support for our people including hubs, programs, and development opportunities. We strive to achieve a family-friendly and inclusive workplace and to, above all, create possibilities for all.
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together for better business performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing the development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
We are also more than happy to provide reasonable adjustments during our application and interview process to enable you to present your best self.
Cybercriminals advertise fake job adverts with prestigious employers as a way of stealing information or even defrauding individuals out of money. In the most sophisticated cases, they will set up fake websites, which have a similar address to companies like Unilever.
They even conduct fake telephone interviews and then offer candidates a role with the proviso they pay a fee for background checks or to cover work visa costs. These types of attacks are becoming more common as more people are looking for employment in the economic climate.
How is Unilever tackling this?
Many of Unilever’s recruitment sites publish a warning to candidates about recruitment fraud. The Cyber Security team also proactively scans for signs of people setting up fake Unilever sites and acts to close them down.
What can I do?
If you become aware of potential recruitment fraud, spot fake Unilever recruitment adverts or fake LinkedIn profiles, and report them via Una Live Chat.
Unilever does not accept responsibility or liability for any candidates who are financially impacted by recruitment fraud. Your vigilance is key!