UK Jobs for Foreigners, Jobs Amazon UK, Jobs UK for Indians, To support the substantial growth and increasing complexities, we are recruiting a Finance Manager, Accounting to the organization.
The role has responsibility for technical accounting and controllership in support of our consumer retail operations. The accounting flows are operated in multiple legal entities with the involvement of a number of stakeholders in different locations.
In addition to the accounting and reporting responsibilities, the person will drive cross-border projects and develop best practices in processes and controllership on an international level. He/she will also drive the implementation of policies with the financial leadership team based out of worldwide Amazon locations and will lead and motivate project teams.
As a seasoned Accounting professional, this person will be an expert in Financial Reporting under US various accounting frameworks including US GAAP and IFRS. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate they were top performers at their level.
|Post Name||Finance Manager, Accounting|
|Expected Salary||GBP 60000 To GBP 65000 Per Year|
|Address||London, England, United Kingdom EC1A 2FD|
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Representing the Accounting team.
- Evaluation of technical accounting considerations relating to new business activities.
- Leading and driving various meetings with senior management on key financial statement areas.
- Ownership of aspects of the monthly, quarterly, and annual closes while implementing and maintaining adequate mechanisms and forums for reviews, decision making, and escalations with finance partners and management.
- Driving standardization and continuous improvement of processes and controls to obtain the highest integrity of financial reporting (US, local GAAP, and management reporting)—including partnering with appropriate stakeholders, for a successful end-to-end approach to reporting.
- Delivering functional projects on a cross-country level, such as implementing best accounting/ controllership practices to enhance and deepen the control environment.
- Ensuring that the Accounting activities are aligned across the EU and Worldwide Accounting organizations.
- Overseeing all aspects of local financial reporting and related compliance
- Influencing and articulating accounting/ finance terminology to the non-finance community.
- Demonstrable experience in relevant accounting roles
- Must hold CPA / ACCA / ACA / CIMA or equivalent certification and knowledge of various GAAP accounting rules including IAS and IFRS.
- Working understanding of an internal control framework (specifically COSO) and a solid understanding of the concepts of control design and operational efficiency.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven track record of sound decision making, taking ownership, and delivering results in a leadership role.
- Must have worked in an organization of similar size and scope.
- Ability to dive deep into data, existing processes, people, and technology challenges in order to identify issues and opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects.
- Track record of having earned the trust of a leadership team by challenging norms, upgrading team performance, enabling growth, and improving efficiency.
- Fluent English required (verbal/written)
- Experience from a ‘Big 4’ accounting firm is strongly preferred.
- Experience working for a US or International, large fast-paced company.
- Computer literate in general (MS office, Essbase, Cognos, and similar). Knowledge of Oracle is a plus.
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Education Required||Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting|
Interview Questions for Finance Manager, Accounting:
- What is Financial Accounting?
- What is Financial Modeling?
- What is a Cash Flow Statement?
- What is Working Capital?
- Explain Quarterly Forecasting.
- How do you calculate the Quarterly Forecast?
- Explain the difference between a Journal and a Ledger.
- What is a Balance Sheet?
- Explain the Cost Accounting.
- Name all the Financial Statements.
- What is the use of NPV?
- What do you understand by Adjusting Entries?
- Explain the Composite Cost of Capital.
- What is Capital Structure?
- What do you understand by Goodwill?
- Briefly explain Valuation Techniques.