The Menu Partners is a diverse food business supplying hotels, pubs, and restaurants up and down the UK with whole, prepared, or cooked food. Within our group of businesses, we also have Absolute Taste, a leading event catering company, and Absolute Taste Inflight our Private Jet catering business along with two farm shops, a pub and so much more.
Come and join an exciting company that is expanding very quickly and looking for the right people to come and join our teams. In return, we develop individuals to be the best they can be and help them along their career paths.
We are looking for punctual candidates with good time management skills for the position of Van Driver. Drivers are responsible for delivering packages to clients in a timely manner, working on nights and weekends, and ensuring that vehicles are always ready for use, among other duties. Drivers will need to lift heavy objects and load them into their vehicles, requiring upper body strength and physical stamina.
|Post Name||Van Driver|
|Address||London, England, United Kingdom SW8 5EL|
|Company Name||Sheringhams Fine Foods|
SHERINGHAMS FINE FOODS LIMITED, located in New Covent Garden Market, is a supplier of fresh fruit, vegetables, dairy, and dry goods to the catering industry. We have a broad range of customers including restaurants, pubs, hotels, schools, and nursing homes.
With our fleet of 45 vehicles, we deliver 6 days per week to locations all over London and the home counties. Our aim is to consistently provide excellent quality produce and exceptional customer service at competitive prices.
- To load (if required) your assigned van with the correct orders for that round
- Ensure that whilst lifting into and out of the van, Health, and Safety regulations are adhered to including Manual Handling.
- Ensure the vehicle’s fridge is running at the correct temperature.
- Ensure that the load is being carried in a safe, responsible, and legal way.
- Ensure the vehicle is well presented, clean, and tidy both inside and out (including the cab)
- Deliver the round as per the set route and report if a change is required to the office.
- Deliver to the customer in a pleasant, professional manner engaging them in a brief conversation, thus promoting the professional image of the company
- Pick up all plastic and reusable cardboard boxes that were left from the previous delivery.
- Ensure that all hygiene and temperature controls are adhered to
- Ensure that only approved company uniform is worn during shift and that it is clean and ironed.
- Follow instructions from the line manager or any senior member of staff in the execution of your duties
- Accept responsibility for the vehicle and its state of repair
- Report any issues or defects concerning any of the above.
- 1 year of previous experience
- Has great customer service skills and an interest in meeting new people
- Has the ambition to be a key part of a fast-growing team and business
- Needs to be well organized and have a keen eye for detail
- A self-motivated and able to think on their feet
- Required to be proactive and flexible in their day-to-day approach
- A strategic thinker with initiative
- Possesses excellent time-management skills
- A desire to be part of a fun, hardworking, and growing team
- Needs to be able to work early morning and/or night if required
- Able to be flexible with working hours
- Able to assist/complete other departmental tasks when not driving
|Salary||GBP 11 To GBP 13 Per Hour|
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Education Required||High School Diploma|
- Excellent communication skills both internally and externally
- You must be over 25 and have held a full driving license for at least 2 years
- Ability to drive a 3.5-ton van
- A full clean driving license is essential
- Strategic thinker and decisive when required