Truck Driver Jobs in UK for Foreigners with Visa Sponsorship
Truck Driver Jobs in UK for Foreigners with Visa Sponsorship, At Lineage Logistics, helping to feed the world is more than a job – it’s a purpose we live every day.
Lineage is the world’s largest and most innovative provider of temperature-controlled logistics solutions with +20,000 colleagues globally.
If you open your fridge freezer, up to 20% of the products you’ll see have passed through a Lineage facility. We support customers who keep our schools and restaurants stocked and supplied as well as working with many of the UK’s leading retailers such as Tesco, Asda, Ocado, and Lidl.
We are currently recruiting several reach truck drivers to join our new automated facility in Peterborough.
|Post Name||Reach Truck Driver 4o4o Days|
|Company Name||Lineage Logistics|
|Expected Salary||GBP 12.67 Per Hour|
|Address||Peterborough, England, United Kingdom PE1|
In this role you will:
- Load and unload materials on and off pallets using lifting devices
- Pick and put away items using a forklift reach truck
- Get a lot of exercise by spending time on your feet; and walking around our warehouse; the job is quite physical, and you will need to lift items such as boxes of food
- You will do this in a cold environment – approximately minus 25 Celsius – just like working in the freezer; but we provide full PPE including coats, hats, and boots – remove to ambient
- Communicate with other team members on headsets
- Pack, seal, and label materials/pallets
- Other general warehouse duties to support the wider team
- We are working in a safety-conscious environment, and you will need to always follow safety procedures
Who we’re looking for:
- Valid Reach truck license/certificate, in-house is accepted with greater experience
- Have a strong eye with attention to details
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Ability to lift to 18kg (that’s about 10 bags of sugar)
- Able to commute to Peterborough facility
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Education Required||High School Diploma|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
What’s in it for me?
- A competitive starting pay rate of £12.67 per hour plus shift allowance
- A permanent opportunity with a direct employer; we will not employ you through an agency
- Opportunity to develop a career within a highly automated environment
- We offer overtime after 39 hours paid at time and a half
- Weekly pay
- Up to 6.3 weeks annual holiday plus the opportunity to earn additional holidays each year up to an extra week after 5 years
- Free onsite car park
- Protective equipment while at work to protect your safety
- A social environment with a team who likes to support each other to achieve goals, with recognition schemes, site events such as barbecues, and shared spaces to enjoy lunch and rest breaks together
- Support your emotional well-being with access to a 24/7 employee assistance phone line offering confidential free counseling and advice
- Preferential rates for loans and savings are offered through exclusive access to a credit union
- Refer new employees and get generous financial rewards through our referral scheme
- Why Are You Interested In This Role?
- What Are The Roles Of A Truck Driver?
- What Are The Qualities That A Truck Driver Need To Be Successful?
- What Major Challenges Did You Face During Your Last Role? How Did You Manage Them?
- Describe Your Daily Routine As A Truck Driver?
- Describe Briefly About Your Experience
- What Kind Of Strategies And Mindset Is Required For This Role?
- What Is the Biggest Challenge That You Foresee in This Job?
- How Do You Stay Motivated in Your Work?
- Describe a Time When You Failed in This Role and The Lesson You Learnt?
- Why Do You Feel You are The Most Suited for This Role?
- Share With Us Your Greatest Achievement.
- Why Is It Important To Stop At Weigh Stations That Are Open During Your Shift?
- Have You Ever Been Involved In An Accident?
- What Is One Of Your Greatest Strengths?
- Why Do You Want To Work For This Company?