Contribute to the safe and timely movement and transportation of clinical and industrial waste. Working as part of the Transportation team to provide excellent customer service to the customers while ensuring all legal compliance issues regarding EU Working Time Directive (EU hours) in conjunction with the ADR Transportation Regulations are fall fully adhered to. Providing support for the Service Coordinator on a day-to-day basis including legal holidays when required.
|Post Name||Driver HGV|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Location||Dublin, Dublin, Ireland D10 F780|
|Min Salary||EUR 15 to|
|Max Salary||EUR 17 Per Hour|
|Qualification||High School Diploma|
Key Job Activities:
- Carry out daily schedules to agreed routes and timings.
- Complete specific documentation required by both legislation and Corporate procedures in relation to Drivers Hours and WTD.
- Comply with all statutory requirements related to Road Traffic Act and other relevant legislation connected to the vehicle, driver’s hours and digital Tachograph records, vehicle weight limits, and speed limits.
- Comply with all relevant ADR/Hazardous goods legislation requirements.
- Comply with Company standard operating procedures.
- Act as a customer contact at the delivery point of service | Act in a polite and courteous manner to customers and road users at all times.
- Attend specific work instructions, training, and staff meetings as required.
- Undertake ad-hoc duties as required and display a flexible approach to working times and shift requirements.
- Comply with all reasonable management requests and operate to a high professional standard reporting any accident or incident and promptly completing all other Company documentation.
- Complete vehicle checks prior to use, and notify any defect to Service Co-Ordinators by filing the appropriate documentation.
- Required Education: High School or equivalent
- Preferred Experience: Good knowledge & understanding.
- Relevant driving experience and a Category C1 Licence, up to and including 26T rigid units.
- Full Driver CPC Card.
- A valid ADR certificate is required, but not essential as training will be provided for suitable candidates.
- Possession of a valid digital tachograph card and the ability to complete documentation in relation to Drivers Hours and WTD.
- The ability to undertake heavy lifting and physically demanding work, excellent customer service skills, and plenty of flexibility around working hours.
- Responsibility and commitment to service and client.
- Organization and working method.
- Teamwork and cooperation.
- Initiative and autonomy.
- Empathy, sensitiveness.
- Company image, careful presentation.
- Optimization of resources.
- Results orientation.
- Safety orientation.
The above description is meant to provide a summary of the nature and level of work being performed; it should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and requirements of the job or person. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise.
Stericycle will consider requests for workplace accommodations for protected physical or mental limitations in accordance with its human resources policies and local laws.
To the extent permissible under local law, and consistent with business necessity, Stericycle reserves the right to modify the content formally or informally, either verbally or in writing, at any time with or without advance notice.
- What three adjectives would you use to describe yourself?
- Why would you like to work for our company?
- Are you comfortable traveling for a week or longer?
- Why do you think you’re right for this role?
- How would you describe your driving record?
- What is your greatest strength and how would it apply to your position as a truck driver?
- How do you handle work-related stress?
- How do you keep yourself motivated as you drive for long periods of time?
- Have you ever driven a truck for a non-delivery purpose?
- Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and how you handled the situation.