Truck Driver Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship
Truck Driver Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship, The Truck Driver will deliver customer orders or pick up merchandise by operating the company vehicles in a safe and expeditious manner. Actively contributes to a positive and productive working environment.
We are looking for a licensed truck driver who will be responsible for the safe and timely delivery of goods and other articles of trade to our customers. You will be tasked with driving and maintaining trucks that will be assigned to you, as well as working closely with our team of dispatchers in order to plan routes and track deliveries.
A Class A CDL or commercial driver’s license is required. Successful candidates must have a clean driving record and must pass a drug and alcohol test.
Truck drivers typically transport materials and goods among manufacturing, distribution, and retail centers. Some also perform sales and customer service as part of the job. Other duties include inspecting their vehicles for mechanical issues relating to safe operation, and basic repair work. Use our free job description template below to create an ad that attracts great drivers to your company.
|Post Name||Driver Truck-FT|
|Address||North Saanich, British Columbia, Canada V8L 5W5|
As one of only two national grocery retailers in Canada, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with more than 1,500 stores in 10 provinces with retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Price Chopper, Thrifty Foods, and Lawtons Drugs, as well as more than 330 retail fuel locations.
Our five core retail food formats are designed to ensure that we have the right offering in the right-sized stores for each individual market we serve — from our full-service format to the convenience format, each tailored to satisfy the unique occasion-based food shopping needs of our customers.
Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates shares a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families. A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton’s Drug Stores, or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
- Pre-inspect truck
- Complete manifest/ log book
- Ensure that the proper documentation is maintained
- Maintain equipment and report any damages, necessary repairs, or malfunctions
- Drive transport truck or straight truck in a safe and respectful manner
- Ensure merchandise loaded in the vehicle is stowed in a safe and damage-free manner
- Unload trailer at stores
- Ensure case-count delivered corresponds with order, pick up credit, or damaged product
- Maintain good working relations with customers at all times through cooperative attitude and well-groomed appearance
- Exercise good driving manners and take precautionary measures during inclement weather conditions
- Follow the instructions outlined in the driver SOP and pay attention to detail
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment as per company requirements
- Responsible for all other duties assigned by the manager
Truck Driver Responsibilities for Free Visa Driver Job in Canada:
- Drive long distances to deliver goods to customers.
- Load and unload cargo.
- Record cargo deliveries.
- Refuel and clean vehicle.
- Report road incidents to the dispatcher.
- Follow traffic laws.
- Inspect trucks and record issues.
- Follow accident procedures.
- Keep an activities log and log hours.
- Report mechanical problems to maintenance personnel.
- Plan routes using a GPS system.
- Get goods to the client on time.
- Maintain a positive attitude with customers.
- Keep commercial driver’s license up to date.
|Salary||CAD 20 To CAD 25 Per Hour|
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Education Required||High School Graduate|
Job Requirements for Canada Truck Driver Visa Requirements 2022:
- Accuracy and attention to detail to ensure the case count delivered corresponds with the order
- A proven track record of superior customer service skills
- Two to three years of experience driving a tractor-trailer and/ or straight truck
- High School Graduate
- Class “A” or Class “D” Driver’s License
- Retail support center
- Physical work including frequent bending, lifting, and reaching
- Occasionally lift over 88 lbs
- Two people lift required for weights exceeding 50 lbs
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Possible exposure to extreme temperatures
- Alertness to other people and vehicles
- Various shifts including evenings and weekends
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process. While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged. We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.