Occupational Therapist Job in Canada
If You Want Therapist Jobs in Canada for Indians| Part Time Therapist Jobs in Canada, Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long-term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home.
We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched, and empowered in their role.
So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions.
The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Reporting to the Director of Care, the Occupational Therapist is responsible for the assessment of function and adaptive behavior and the treatment and prevention of disorders that affect the function or adaptive behavior in order to develop, maintain, rehabilitate, or augment the function of adaptive behavior in the areas of self-care, productivity, and leisure.
|Post Name||Occupational Therapist|
|Company Name||Revera Inc.|
|Expected Salary||CAD 70000 to CAD 75000 Per Year|
|Address||Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3R 0G8|
Responsibility for Getting Therapist Jobs in Canada 2022:
- Oversees and participates in the provision of quality occupational therapy in the delivery of Resident care. Utilizes the following processes:
Assessment – Assesses Residents upon admission and on an ongoing basis and assists in developing treatment care plans;
Planning – Assists with the identification of treatment plan and goals and communicates these to other members of the Occupational Therapy Department and the interdisciplinary care team;
Implementation of Treatment Plan – Ensures that Residents are involved in identified therapeutic programs, which meet specified goals. Provides relevant information for Resident Care Conferences and Therapy Rounds;
Evaluation – Ensures ongoing analysis of Resident’s progress towards identified goals;
Documentation – Documents pertinent information as it relates to the delivery of Occupational Therapy services;
- Recognizes variations in the continuum of health by implementing Occupational Therapy interventions, which promote, maintain, and restore health, prevent disease and injury and provide Resident comfort.
- Utilizes established Occupational Therapy standards in the provision of safe, competent, and ethical care:
- Ensures that the practice of Occupational Therapy is conducted in accordance with the Code of Ethics as stipulated by the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists, and all provincial regulatory bodies;
- Understands and complies with the legal requirements of licensure, legislation, the scope of practice, and policies and procedures of the company;
- Ensures development and implementation of the classification process and documentation according to standards set by the company, the Regional Health Authority, and the Canadian Council on Health Services Accreditation;
- Questions policies and procedures inconsistent with resident outcomes, current practices, and safety standards;
- Provides safe and effective delivery of treatments and therapeutic interventions;
- Provides direct Resident care and a safe environment;
- Identifies safety hazards, participates in problem resolution, and reports same to the Director of Care;
- Protects the individual’s beliefs and values and the right to confidentiality, privacy, and dignity;
- Promotes Resident’s participation, choice, and control in meeting healthcare needs;
- Identifies and communicates ethical issues to the interdisciplinary team and Director of Care.
- Demonstrates a positive, professional attitude:
- Assumes primary responsibility for maintaining own competence in Occupational Therapy practice;
- Seeks opportunities for professional development and continuing education;
- Demonstrates an openness to new ideas and receptivity to change;
- Establishes and maintains effective collegial relationships;
- Monitors identify and problem-solve routine issues. Reports to the Manager of Occupational Therapy for further investigation and action;
- Reports workload issues to the Manager of Occupational Therapy in a timely fashion;
- Participates in the orientation and performance appraisal process of colleagues and other members of the interdisciplinary team;
- Utilizes responsible practices which contribute to the cost-effective use of health care resources;
- Demonstrates respect for Residents, families, and colleagues;
- Acts as a role model and participates in the clinical development of staff and students assigned within the facility;
- Attains and maintains specialty qualifications as required.
- Participates in relevant research as required;
- Participates in the development, implementation, and monitoring of Infection Control and Occupational Health and Safety guidelines;
- Work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- Uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
|Schedule Type||Part Time|
|Education Required||Baccalaureate degree in Occupational Therapy|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
Skills for Getting Part Time Jobs in Canada for Indian Therapist:
- An Occupational Therapist in good standing with the applicable provincial regulatory board and the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists;
- A Baccalaureate degree in Occupational Therapy is required;
- Knowledge of computer applications preferred;
- Excellent organizational skills are required; a minimum of two years of geriatric clinical experience is preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills with Residents/families and staff required;
- The ability to work independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team is required.
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one.
Revera Inc. is a Canadian organization that gives convenience, care, and administration to seniors. It possesses and works in retirement homes and long-haul care facilities. Previously named Retirement Homes Land Venture Trust, it used to be a land speculation trust (REIT) that was public on the Toronto Stock Trade (TSX), yet it was procured by the Public Area Benefits Speculation Board.