|Post Name||Tesla Canada Jobs, Jobs at Tesla, Tesla Jobs Canada|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Working Hours||8 Hours|
|Location||Toronto, Ontario, Canada M3A 1C6|
|Min. Salary||CAD 70000|
|Max. Salary||CAD 72000 Per Year|
|Qualification||BS in Mechanical|
Tesla Canada Jobs, Jobs at Tesla, Tesla Jobs Canada, Tesla’s actuator team designs and builds actuators for humanoid bi-pedal robots (Tesla Bot). The team joins mechanical, electrical, and electromagnetic engineering disciplines in a highly collaborative environment.
This position is critical to the development of high-performance electromechanical rotary and linear actuator systems for humanoid bi-pedal robots (Tesla Bot).
Tesla actuators need to deliver high performance, efficiency, and torque (force) density. You will join the team of electromagnetic motor design engineers to develop the most torque and force-dense rotary and linear electromechanical actuator systems in the world.
As part of the design team, you will be responsible for the design of actuator gear systems. You will also support industrialization and production activities.
What You’ll Do
- Design and integration of rotary and linear speed reduction systems for high-performance motion control actuator applications.
- Collaboration with electromagnetic motor design engineers to develop the most torque-dense and efficient electromechanical actuator systems in the world.
- Continuously evaluate new technologies and design improvements to develop the most power-dense, efficient, low-cost, and reliable electromechanical gear systems and actuators.
- Design and build motor, gear, and actuator prototypes for the validation of mechanical and electromechanical performance.
- Basic fabrication, machining, wiring, general electronics, debugging, and parts chasing.
- Collaboration with supply chain, vendor, and manufacturing engineers.
What You’ll Bring
- BS in Mechanical, Mechatronic, or Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience with the design of rotary and linear gear systems for electromechanical actuators used in motion control applications.
- Demonstrated successful experience in mechanical engineering in a product design and manufacturing environment.
- Excellent experience with the design and analysis of geared actuator systems with rotary and linear gear reduction mechanisms.
- Experience in the design and analysis of planetary, strain wave (Harmonics Drives), cycloidal, ball screws, belt drives, lead screws, magnetic gear, and speed reduction systems with high specific torque (force), efficiency, and reliability.
- Experience with torque and force sensing technologies and instrumentation.
- Experience with thermal analysis and design for passive (natural convection) and active cooling.
- Hands-on experience, previous project experience, and/or internship are preferred.
- Familiarity with various electric motors, electric drives, and motion control technologies.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (a free step-by-step tutorial can be found here). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice.