Tesco Maintenance Technician Jobs in London
Tesco Maintenance Technician Jobs in London £18/Hours, Our Maintenance Technicians work collaboratively with Tesco colleagues utilizing core skills and experience to deliver an exceptional service keeping our estate safe, legal, compliant, and operational.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme.
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus 8 Bank holidays).
- Retirement savings plan
- Life Assurance – 5 x contractual pay.
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases, eating out, and utility bills for the home.
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want.
|Post Name||Maintenance Technician – HVAC Gas|
|Expected Salary||GBP 16 To GBP 18 Per Hour|
|Address||London, England, United Kingdom EC1R 5AR|
You will be responsible for
Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence and have these specific risk responsibilities:
- Ensuring all Tesco sites are safe and functioning environments for customers and colleagues.
- Following the planned work schedule to achieve first-time fix, maximizing productivity, and effectiveness.
- Delivering high-quality work standards across the estate, with year-on-year improvement.
- Communicating and building effective relationships with stakeholders.
- Working closely with team members, sharing best practices and knowledge.
- Using problem-solving skills and innovation to identify and develop solutions for key and common issues.
- Own tasks at a local level through to completion/resolution, informing key stakeholders through the process, where required.
- Own your development through a progression of the maintenance pathway.
- Drive your own monthly 1-2-1 schedule with your line manager.
- Using mobile devices; phones and tablets, to drive best practices in work completion and updates.
- Use the business systems to drive best practices in WON reporting to support asset lifecycle management.
- Representing the Tesco brand by following business ways of working, demonstrating values-led behaviors, a positive attitude & taking pride in wearing the Tesco uniform.
- Attending local and national meetings, and providing valuable input and feedback.
- Supporting KPI delivery, through the practical application of skill sets, and effective use of business systems to drive achievement of your own set KPIs.
- Supporting a diverse and inclusive culture.
Key people and teams you will be working with:
- Field maintenance teams
- Retail colleagues
- Delivery leadership team
- Tesco Business Services
- Operating Centre
- Maintenance support
- Training and learning partners
- Systems teams and contractors
People, budgets, and resources you will be accountable for:
- Legal compliance & statutory requirements
- Stock & inventory management.
- All company-issued equipment – appropriate use and care
|Education Required||High School Diploma|
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
You will need
- Full driving license
- Health & Safety awareness
- Communication & stakeholder management
- Office 365 knowledge
- Completed all technical training upskilling modules relevant to skillset
- C&G 2079 – F-Gas and ODS regulations (Air Con)
- CCN1 – Core gas safety (Gas) include COCN1 & CODNCO1
- ICPN1 – Installation first fixes commercial pipework
- CIGA1 – Commercial indirect fired heating appliances
- CORT1 – Commercial overhead radiant heaters
- TPCP1A – Testing and direct purging of low-pressure commercial pipework not exceeding 1m3
- TPCP1 – Testing and direct purging of commercial pipework exceeding 1m3 in volume up to 7 bar
- CBHP1 – Gas boosters and compressors
- UNVENTED Hot water Systems Certs G3
- Completion of a recognized apprenticeship or improver program or trade proficiency test
- Refrigeration and AC C&G 6187, 7189, 6090 or NVQ or equivalent
- Heating & Ventilation C&G 7188, 6288, 6188 or NVQ or Equivalent
- Plumbing & Heating C&G 4467, 3345, 6189, 6035 or NVQ or Equivalent
- Level 3 City & Guilds or equivalent Mechanical Engineering/Engineering Digitally confident; can comfortably operate mobile phones and tablets to view workload, emails, teams, and use of business systems.
At Tesco Maintenance, it’s our people that make us one of the leading retail maintenance providers in the UK. We operate in over 3,500 Tesco and One Stop stores, distribution centers, Tesco banks, and head offices, to deliver first-class maintenance and engineering solutions and support.
With our comprehensive induction and our technical competency plan, we invest in training for our field colleagues to have the right level of skills and expertise for each role to work safely and provide first-rate asset management across our estate. We create a culture where every colleague is competent, motivated, and professional, maximizing the level of support we offer to Tesco stores.
From multi-skilled to technically-savvy technicians, we’ve got it covered. Our Operations and Maintenance Managers span the entirety of the UK; technically-minded individuals who support our field engineers to get the job done. Our Engineering team works to introduce a broad spectrum of award-winning new technological initiatives; from compliance testing to refrigeration, security to sustainability.