Solutions Manager Jobs Amazon, Customer Solutions Manager Salary Amazon, Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a senior manager to coach, grow, and partner with technically skilled, customer-facing Connect Solutions Architects and EUC Solution Architects for our customers. If you have experience leading technical teams and are interested in helping customers embrace technologies, come and talk to us.
Specialist Solutions Architects work with partners and customers to accelerate their transformation. They engage in a wide range of activities around their domain of expertise, providing technical advice to customers, helping the internal and external communities, presenting publicly on their domain, and providing a preferred path between service teams and customers.
This role will specifically focus on Productivity Apps service (Connect Services and End User Computing Service) helping our customers and partners build innovative solutions that focus on enhancing customer user experience.
As a Senior Solutions Architect (SA) Manager, you will lead a team of Solutions Architect Managers who help Solution Architects help customers select the technologies that will support their business requirements.
You will guide team members in their ramp-up as well as develop speaking, writing, presentation, and executive interaction skills. You will be a practitioner as well as a manager.
You will interact, communicate and partner with other departments within such as our services teams, marketing, business development, and professional services, as well as representing your team to senior management.
|Post Name||Solutions Architect Manager|
|Expected Salary||JPY 10000000 To JPY 20000000 Per Year|
|Address||Tokyo, Japan 100-0000|
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally.
We have innovative benefit offerings and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life.
We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
You have the following qualifications and competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of technical design/implementation/consulting experience in the technology industry
- 5+ years of leadership experience in a technical, customer-facing role in the technology industry
- Have a strong understanding of Contact Center technologies and End User Computing. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a Solutions
- Architect or a similar role and managing a team of Solutions Architects.
- English verbal and written communications skills
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Education Required||Bachelor’s Degree|
- MBA/Technical Master’s Degree
- Commitment to promoting a diverse and inclusive culture where all Amazonians and customers are able to participate fully and enjoy respect and dignity
- Exceptional people-management skills; able to inspire and foster the right behaviors in others through leading by example (Player/Coach)
- Experience working with new product/service development teams
- Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
- Achieved Associate and/or Professional certifications
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Experience deploying large-scale production quality systems
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, developers, and at large events
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
- Track record of building rapport with senior customer executives (e.g. CEO, CIO, CTO)
- Motivated self-starter, proactive and action-oriented
- Strategic problem-solving and collaboration skills
- Proven ability to deliver results in a matrix organization (leveraging multiple functions and teams)
Interview Questions for Solutions Architect Manager:
- What goals would you set for yourself as a professional solution architect?
- What projects will you start within three months if you are selected?
- If we asked your colleagues to describe you in one word, what would they say?
- What specific skills does a solution architect require?
- Why are you choosing to exit your current role?
- What is your favorite thing about being a solution architect?
- How long have you been working as a solution architect?
- What are your strengths as a solution architect?
- What are your weaknesses as a solution architect?
- Tell me about a recent successful project you were part of as a solution architect.
- Tell me about a time a project was unsuccessful and why.
- How many coding languages are you fluent in and what are they?
- In your experience, what is the major benefit of being a solution architect?
- How does your educational background prepare you to be a solution architect?
- Explain in detail any one project in your portfolio.
- Tell me more about the projects in your portfolio.
- Show me some projects that you’ve worked on that demonstrate your technical skills in coding.
- Describe how and when you diagnosed the cause of an operating error and fixed it.
- Give an example of a situation where you had to collect information to solve a problem. How did you do it?