|Post Name||Software Engineer Intern|
|Company Name||Cisco Systems|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Location||Feltham, England, United Kingdom TW12 3LQ|
|Min Salary||GBP 18000 to|
|Max Salary||GBP 20000 Per Year|
|Qualification||Studying for a Degree|
If you want Software Engineer Jobs in UK with visa Sponsorship, Be coached by world-class leaders who will challenge and mentor you. Join together with a team of new graduates all starting your careers together, increasing your professional development whilst meeting the demands of your projects and programs.
Working within a high-caliber software development team you will be immersed in the Agile Software Development process, performing activities such as:
- Requirements collection .
- UI Design.
- Solution design and evaluation.
- Implementation (writing code).
- Unit and QA testing.
- Root cause analysis and fixing of defects.
At the start of your internship, we’ll be focusing on helping you bridge any knowledge gaps, and your tasks will be chosen to support your learning needs. As you progress, we’ll rely on you more as a full member of the team working to deliver high-quality software.
This role might be right for you if you:
- Are a penultimate-year student studying for a degree that is primarily focused on maths, information technology, or scientific study
- Have the ability to work well in a team.
- Enjoy solving problems.
- Curious about how things work and often have ideas about how they can be improved.
- A good communicator, both verbally and in writing, and comfortable sharing your ideas.
- Have a demonstrable interest in technology and programming.
- Enjoy learning new things and are willing to invest time in learning and developing your skills.
Existing software development knowledge and experience are a definite advantage but are not essential.
What we offer:
At Cisco, we truly believe in the well-being of our employees and work-life balance, and our benefits package is designed to reflect this.
- Annual Leave: 25 days + bank holidays + an additional day off for your birthday
- Access to Cisco’s onsite office facilities including;
- Free shuttle buses between local stations and the Cisco Campus office.
- Starbucks Coffee bar .
- Access to a large canteen.
- Massage chairs & nap pods.
- An onsite Nuffield Health gym and showers (at an additional cost).
- At Cisco, we encourage a culture of giving back to the community, and you will be invited to participate in giving back events organized either by the IT team or the Bedfont Lakes campus CSR team.
- Our selection process is as follows: Application – Hiring Team Video Interview – Virtual or Hybrid Cisco Day.
- You must be able to live and work in the UK.
Why you will love Cisco:
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Life in Cisco IT:
We are uniquely positioned to see how the rest of the business operates – because between us – we support everyone! The possibilities to create, to build solutions that impact transformational change are endless because change is our constant.
Our team is everywhere, and so whilst based in the UK, we regularly work with people across the world and occasionally travel to meet each other.
We are devoted to spreading the word about technology in the community and ask our graduate hires to do the same, allocating 10-20% of their time in the first year to initiatives such as IamIT in schools and STEM events. In addition to this, we like to have fun and have regular team events.