Software Engineer II
|Post Name||Software Engineer II|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Working Hours||8 Hour|
|Location||Vancouver, BC, Canada V6B 1C1|
|Min. Salary||CAD 70000|
|Max. Salary||CAD 75000 Per Year|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science|
We are seeking an experienced software engineer to architect and build scalable and performant applications using engineering best practices. You are truly passionate about software engineering, with a strong emphasis on agile development grounded in data-driven customer innovation and you can empathize with our end-users needs and want to engage to help define their key experiences.
You will closely work with other engineers, managers, and product, design, and operations teams to create solutions that meet business requirements.
You will drive engineering and operational excellence in Viva Glint and collaborate with other engineers to surface common pain points, develop solutions and evangelize best practices. You will also support and help other engineers in the team.
What is Viva?
Microsoft is embarking on a new effort to address the growing needs of employees around the world. We are building a product suite designed to address the fundamental shift in how people work, build their careers, and find meaning in their workplace.
Employee engagement is undergoing a fundamental shift in response to economic, demographic, and societal changes. People want to be excited about their work, be connected to their company culture, understand how to succeed, and feel supported across a spectrum of onboarding, skilling, coaching, and mentoring.
Our team is dedicated to examining the employee journey and delivering software and services to make it better.
- Deliver a high-quality, highly available service that meets customer SLAs across the globe
- Drive long-term design thinking for systems and engineering processes with simplicity and maintainability as core tenets
- Deliver value through a strong collaborative approach spanning many teams across geographies
- Be a role model for an open, honest, and inclusive approach to problem-solving
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent relevant industry work experience
- 3+ years of software design and development experience in backend technologies; Java (preferred), C, C#, C++ or other object-oriented programming languages
- Exceptional coding abilities and experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications
- Experience building web services using Java and MySQL, covering all stages of the release cycle
- Strong technical, cross-group collaboration, and communication skills
- Self-starter, quick learner, and passionate problem resolver
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems
- Experience building large high-scale microservices, with service-oriented development and cloud-based systems
Microsoft is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
The benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.