|Post Name||Software Engineer|
|Company Name||Sun Life|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Working Hours||8 Hour|
|Location||North York, Ontario, Canada M9L|
|Min. Salary||CAD 70000|
|Max. Salary||CAD 80000 Year|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science|
You are as unique as your background, experience, and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered, and challenged to be your best self. You’ll work with dynamic colleagues – experts in their fields – who are eager to share their knowledge with you.
Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you’ll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients – who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families, and communities around the world.
What will you do?
- Provide technical expertise within projects ensuring the appropriate technical solution is being delivered, issues are resolved, and projects are successfully implemented.
- Understand the integration of multiple systems including in-house developed or vendor products that are on-premise or cloud-based or SAAS applications.
- Be an active member of an agile team in providing design documents and guidance to developers on solutions being considered and developed
- Contribute to release management and automated deployment using DevOps tools
- Ensure information security standards and requirements are incorporated into all solutions and risks are mitigated
- Review codes, test plans, and test results as required.
- Provide estimates and contribute to defining timelines and project plans
- Work closely with Business Analysts and business partners on project scope and requirements.
- Work with external software vendors during vendor implementations, renewal activities, and issue resolution
- Co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment plans and checklists
- Contribute to the ongoing support, stability, and performance of application systems in production including problem analysis, resolution, escalation
What do you need to succeed?
- 5+ years of progressive information technology experience
- Strong knowledge of ETL and experience with ETL tools (Informatica or SSIS or AWS Glue)
- Knowledge/experience with .Net and/or Java
- Expertise in system integration, job flows relative to data integration
- Experience with creating design documentation and diagrams
- Relational database experience (Oracle, SQL Server)
- Windows Server knowledge
- Experience with scheduling tools (Control-M etc.)
- Experience with PowerShell and/or other scripting tools and techniques
- Understanding file transfer process and options (FTP/SFTP)
- Knowledge of ITIL standards and best practices
- Understanding of Agile Methodologies
- Knowledge of cloud-based platforms (AWS Amazon Web Services)
- Knowledge of API Services
- Experience with the GOAnywhere tool
- Technical experience in Unix (AIX and/or Linux)
- Working knowledge of Jira and Confluence
- Occasional weekend work in support of project delivery and implementations
- On-call support as part of the rotation
- This role requires an enhanced reliability check, this means that you have resided in Canada for the last 5 years.
What’s in it for you?
- Great Place to Work® Certified in Canada and the US.
- Flexible hybrid work model including in-country work-from-home if you prefer.
- Pension, stock, and savings programs to help build and enhance your future financial security
- Work and professional development that is united by our Purpose: to help Clients and Employees achieve lifetime financial security and live healthier lives
- A friendly, collaborative, and inclusive culture
- Be part of our continuous improvement journey in developing the next greatest digital enterprise experience.