Senior Care Assistant
|Post Name||Senior Care Assistant|
|Company Name||The Abbeyfield Society|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Working Hours||8 Hour|
|Location||Nottingham, Nottingham, United Kingdom NG5|
|Min. Salary||GBP 10.80|
|Max. Salary||GBP 11.45 Per Hour|
|Qualification||Diploma in Senior Care Assistant|
For over 60 years, Abbeyfield has been a charity that provides housing and care for elderly people across the UK and internationally. It is our mission to enhance the quality of life for our residents through excellent accommodation in a stimulating environment to help maintain a socially active life.
Best of all, we’re a charity, meaning that the interests of our valued staff and residents sit at the heart of what we do, not shareholders.
The Role of Care Team Leader
- Our Care Team Leaders sit at the heart of what we do. As the recognized Senior Carer on a shift, you’ll have overall responsibility for regular monitoring of the health, care, and social needs of our residents.
- Preparation, implementation, and review of their personal care plans, including the administering of medication.
- You’ll supervise, support coach, and develop other team members, and liaise with people involved in resident’s care, as well as with the residents themselves. Put simply, you’ll ensure residents’ needs and wishes are at the center of the care we provide.
- As the Senior Carer on that shift, you will take the lead when staff or residents need help, such as in the event of an emergency.
Pay & Benefits
At Abbeyfield, we are committed to rewarding our staff for their hard work. Our many benefits include:
- Competitive pay, benchmarked annually.
- 31 days paid leave, including bank/public holidays
- Comprehensive induction
- Unlimited opportunities to earn £500 via our ‘refer a friend scheme
- Life Assurance
- Pay progression within the role based on skills and contribution
- Learning and career development opportunities
- Occupational sick pay
- Company pension
- Discounted gym membership
- An employee assistance program
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Shop and save vouchers
- Opportunity to obtain Blue Light Card discounts
- You must be an experienced Carer, ideally with a Level 3 qualification in Health and Social Care or equivalent, or be committed to working towards this.
- As a Care Team Leader, you must be able to demonstrate good organization and staff management skills. You’ll already be skilled in writing and updating Care Plans, and competent in the administration of Medication.
- Most of all, you’ll be passionate and committed to providing exceptional care to our residents, their families, and friends.