Security Jobs in Toronto, ON (with Salaries) 2022
|Post Name||Event Security Officer|
|Company Name||MLSE (Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership)|
|Expected Salary||CAD 17 To CAD 20 Per Hour|
|Address||Toronto, ON M5J 2X2, Canada|
Security Jobs Toronto, We are looking for a dedicated security officer to ensure the safety and security of our premises, assets, staff, and visitors. The security officer’s responsibilities include patrolling the premises, setting up security controls, monitoring property access, investigating suspicious behavior, and enforcing company policies.
To be successful as a security officer you should be highly observant and able to objectively assess the severity of a situation. An outstanding security officer should be able to remain calm and decisive in any situation.
At Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership (MLSE), we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that is representative of our community and where all employees feel they belong and can reach their full potential.
We are Canada’s preeminent leader in delivering top-quality sports and entertainment experiences and one of North America’s leading providers of exceptional fan experiences.
We are the parent company of the National Hockey League’s Toronto Maple Leafs, the National Basketball Association’s Toronto Raptors, Major League Soccer’s Toronto FC, the Canadian Football League’s Toronto Argonauts, and development teams with the Toronto Marlies (American Hockey League), Raptors 905 (NBA G League), Toronto FC II (MLS NEXT Pro League) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League.
MLSE owns and/or operates all the venues our teams play and train in, including Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field, Coca-Cola Coliseum, Ford Performance Centre, BMO Training Ground, and OVO Athletic Centre.
We also provide fans in Toronto with incredible live music and entertainment events, as well as exceptional culinary experiences through our restaurants (e11even and RS) and clubs (Hot Stove Club, ScotiaClub, and Platinum Club).
Through MLSE Foundation, we have invested more than $45 million into Ontario communities since 2009 and with MLSE LaunchPad, we provide a place where youth facing barriers use sport to recognize and reach their potential.
We achieve all of this through our Common Purpose – to unite and empower our employees to create extraordinary moments for our fans and each other. Come be a part of the team.
As a valuable member of the Security Services team, you will be responsible for the delivery of championship fan service, while maintaining high-security standards during events! Come be a part of the action and support Toronto’s preeminent sports and entertainment events!
- Provide professional, diplomatic, and proactive fan service.
- Offer a friendly and informed response to any service-related issue/inquiry.
- Report, evaluate and follow up on all incidents.
- Conducting bag and identification checks.
- Assist in emergency situations including evacuation and injury.
- Communicate positively and professionally with co-workers and fans.
- Ensure adherence to MLSE house policies and procedures, including alcohol enforcement.
- Follow all MLSE Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Adhere to MLSE service standards and policies.
- Perform other functions as the need arises.
|Schedule Type||Part Time|
|Education Required||High School Diploma|
Qualifications for Security Guard jobs in Toronto, Ontario, Canada:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Possession of a valid Security License (Bill C-159) is required
- Current First-Aid/CPR training is an asset
- Smart Serve Certificate within the last 4 years is required
- Friendly, diplomatic, and outgoing attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiarity with the City of Toronto and tourist attractions is an asset
- Must be flexible to work shifts including weekdays as early as 4:30 pm, weekends, and occasional holidays
- Ability to work in a variety of environments and temperatures
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At MLSE, we are committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
MLSE will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need accommodation due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Interview Questions for Security Officers:
1. Can you describe an incident in which you responded to a security breach?
This reveals the candidate’s work experience.
2. What relevant certifications do you have?
This shows the candidate’s qualifications for the job. Look for candidates who have a current state registration as a Security Officer, are First Aid and CPR certified, and have completed a self-defense course.
3. What surveillance and control systems are you familiar with?
This demonstrates the candidate’s training and knowledge of security systems and controls.
4. How do you decide on the best course of action when you identify a security breach?
This demonstrates the candidate’s knowledge of security procedures and the ability to remain calm and exercise good judgment in potentially dangerous situations.
5. What details do you include in activity logs and incident reports?
This shows the candidate’s training and knowledge of standard security procedures.