Registered Nurse Jobs in Toronto, ON Canada
Registered Nurse, Telemetry Your goal in this position is to provide excellent patient and family-driven care in a supportive and culturally sensitive manner. You will do this by collaborating with an interdisciplinary team of care providers, with an emphasis on the assessment, education, prevention, maintenance, and restoration of patient health.
You’re a great relationship builder and foster close contacts with peers across the entire organization. You have great interpersonal skills and effortlessly connect with physicians, staff, patients, and families.
This position supports the Hospital’s academic mandate by advancing care through teaching and learning and/or transforming care through research and innovation.
This position contributes to the shared responsibility of ensuring health and safety policies are followed to provide a healthy environment for staff, physicians, volunteers, learners, patients, and families.
Great Registered Nurses are:
Organized – they embrace the challenge of prioritizing patient care demands in a fast-paced environment, and are eager to engage with new challenges every single day Great Communicators – they communicate effectively with colleagues, staff, volunteers, and families
Decisive – at the end of the day, they have the ability to make the big decisions, take ownership of their actions, and use their critical thinking and problem-solving skills in the best interests of the patient
Safety Conscious – they know that keeping everyone safe and healthy is the highest priority, and follow all H&S policies and guidelines
Committed – they embrace our learning culture and demonstrate an ongoing commitment to professional development to enhance their knowledge and skills.
|Post Name||Registered Nurse (RN) – Telemetry|
|Company Name||North York General Hospital|
|Expected Salary||CAD 30 To CAD 36 Per Hour|
|Address||Toronto, ON, Canada M2K 1E1|
On a practical level, you will
- Demonstrate the ability to function to the full scope of nursing practice per the College of Nurse of Ontario
- Communicate effectively (written and verbal) with patients/clients, families, and other members of the health care team
- Think critically, set priorities, and organize work in response to client/patient needs
- Demonstrate knowledge of transfers and lifts
- Be committed to ongoing learning, professional development, and continuous quality improvement
- Have proficient skill level with computers, MS Word, Internet searches, data entry, and patient information systems
- Assume a leadership/charge role with demonstrated evidence of self-motivation regarding continuing education in areas of patient assessment, patient education, and related Clinical Specialties
- Demonstrate your ability to perform appropriately in emergency situations
- Diploma in Nursing, Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing
- Registered and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification preferred
- Completion of Physical Assessment course
- Coronary Care Level I must be completed within six months of hire
- Coronary Care Level II must be completed within one year of hire
- Telemetry experience preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of Acute Care experience preferred
- Bilingualism in French/English is an asset
What We Offer:
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Education Required||Diploma in Nursing, Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing|
IMAGINE is a hospital where everyone is committed to excellence. We did. We are. From the boardroom to the bedside, we go above and beyond to offer the best and safest patient care.
At North York General Hospital (NYGH), we put our patients first in everything we do. We are achieving a new standard of excellence in integrated patient-centered care and as one of Canada’s leading community academic hospitals, we are building on our academic foundation through enhanced education, research, and innovation.
North York General Hospital is part of North York Toronto Health Partners, a collaborative partnership with patients, primary care, and community partners, a first-generation Ontario Health Team, driving the development of a locally integrated health system to serve the community.
As part of our dynamic team, you too can stand out and be amazing! At North York General, our team is making a world of difference.
How To Apply:
- Ensure to meet the deadline – only applications received by the closing date will be considered.
- We will review all applications and will contact those selected for an interview.
Interview Question for Registered Nurse:
- What led you to pursue a career in healthcare?
- What’s challenging about being a nurse?
- How much experience do you have in [this specialty area]?
- What measures do you take to continually increase your knowledge of [this specialty area]?
- Describe a time you faced a crisis at work. How did you overcome it?
- How would you handle disagreeing with your colleagues on the management of a patient?
- How do you ensure smooth collaboration with other members of a patient’s care team?
- Recall a time you calmed down a distressed or difficult patient. What did you do?
- Describe a time you had to deliver bad news to a patient’s family.
- Describe a time you had to make a time-sensitive decision regarding a patient.
- What would you do if you believed that management gave you incorrect information regarding a patient?
- How do you cope with high-stress situations at work?
- What are some of the frustrations you experience in this job?
- What do you know about our facility and why do you want to work here?