|Post Name||General Adjuster|
|Company Name||Engle Martin|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Working Hours||8 Hour|
|Location||Work From Home, USA|
|Min. Salary||USD 20|
|Max. Salary||USD 20 Per Hour|
|Qualification||High School Diploma|
Engle Martin is a leading national independent loss adjusting and claims management provider. We provide a comprehensive line of service offerings including commercial property, casualty, inland marine/cargo, heavy equipment, and large loss adjusting, as well as TPA/claims management and subrogation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering competitive pay and benefits and an environment where teamwork, ongoing professional development, continuous improvement, and exceptional service are valued and rewarded.
We currently have an outstanding career opportunity for a staff field General Adjuster for this territory. The General Adjuster effectively determines and communicates the extent of loss or damage associated with claims in a variety of business classes.
- Investigates commercial insurance claims in a variety of settings.
- Uses knowledge of property and construction, and/or knowledge of the specific industry or business affected, personally conducts property inspections and photograph claim sites as necessary to depict and substantiate losses or damage, or the lack thereof.
- Obtains necessary information from the claimant and from experts such as architects, engineers, builders, construction workers, police officers, health care practitioners, accountants, and others to fully and accurately assess the extent of the loss.
- Works cooperatively with expert witnesses, attorneys, public adjusters, and carrier’s examiners as needed to conduct investigations confirm findings, and support evaluations.
- This applies to understanding insurance policies and policy interpretation and establishing appropriate loss estimates based on all relevant information and findings.
- Recommends the reasonable and proper amount the insurance company should pay on a claim.
- Ensures the accuracy of the information collected and reported and guards against fraudulent claims, based on critical issues identified and accurate conclusions drawn.
- Prepares accurate, clear, thorough, and concise reports and letters to insurance carriers on conclusions and recommendations.
- Maintains accurate, thorough field notes, journal entries, and time and expense records as required.
- Ability to understand the claims adjudication process.
- 6-10 years experience in insurance-related work
- Sound knowledge of the transportation industry.
- Research and investigative abilities; negotiating, conflict resolution, and persuasion abilities.
- Baccalaureate degree in a related field, or demonstration of equivalent knowledge and critical thinking skills.
- Active license, or ability to promptly obtain such, in the assigned state(s).