American Express Remote Jobs
Remote Full Stack Engineer Jobs in American Express USA, You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back. At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways.
Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way.
When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. American Express Enterprise Cloud platform (eCP) provides a platform that enables business applications to have Faster Time-to-Market for American Express.
eCP offers dynamic rapid code-to-development models and services such as Platform-as-a-Service, Infrastructure-as-a-Service, DB-as-a-Service, Analytics-as-a-Service, Messaging-as-a-Service, CICD Pipelines, etc. for application developers in a hybrid cloud environment. eCP enables Application developers to write modern scalable cloud-native applications.
As a Senior Engineer in the American Express Cloud Solutions Engineering team, you will be part of Cloud Content Delivery as a Service, Cloud migration, and migration tool development projects whilst playing a key role in the enablement of solutions that power cloud-native application patterns across American Express Technologies.
You will partner closely with applications teams across the company to understand business-critical, customer-facing capabilities and provide first-class cloud solutions that seek to tackle these challenges in a scalable, reusable manner.
You won’t just shape the world of software. You’ll shape the world of life, work, and play. Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day.
Today, innovative ideas, insight, and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal, and fulfilling experience for all our customers.
So, if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further. You won’t just keep up; you’ll break new ground. There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express.
Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing: – Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices – Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation – Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies.
Designs develops, solves problems, debugs, evaluates, modifies, deploys, and documents software and systems that meet the needs of customer-facing applications, business applications, and/or internal end user applications.
Member of a Cloud Solution Engineering team reporting to the Director of cloud solutions engineering.
|Post Name||Senior Full Stack Engineer – Python|
|Company Name||American Express|
|Expected Salary||USD 80000 to USD 90000 Per Year|
|Address||Work From Home|
Responsibility for Python Engineer Job in USA Remote:
- Perform all technical aspects of software development for assigned applications including design, hands-on engineering, developing framework & tooling including prototypes, and code review, mentor engineering peers and own and drive transformation with various technology domains.
- Lead Application ownership and work closely with customer needs in defining product and engineering roadmap.
- Debug software components and identify code defects for remediation.
- Leads the deployment, support, and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments.
- Strong interpersonal leadership
- Lead code reviews (Pull Requests)
- Demonstrate increased self-reliance to achieve team goals.
- Influence team members with innovative changes and improvements by challenging the status quo and demonstrating risk-taking.
- Be a productivity multiplier for your team by analyzing your workflow and contributing to enable the team to be more effective, and productive, and demonstrate faster and stronger results.
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Education Required||Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science|
As part of our diverse tech team, you can architect, code, and ship software that makes us an essential part of our customers’ digital lives. Here, you can work alongside talented engineers in an open, supportive, inclusive environment where your voice is valued, and you make your own decisions on what tech to use to solve challenging problems.
Amex offers a range of opportunities to work with the latest technologies and encourages you to back the broader engineering community through open source. And because we understand the importance of keeping your skills fresh and relevant, we give you dedicated time to invest in your professional development. Find your place in technology on #TeamAmex
Skills for Getting Remote Jobs in American Express:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or information technology or relevant work experience in that field.
- Demonstrate increased self-reliance to achieve team goals.
- Influence team members with creative changes and improvements by challenging the status quo and demonstrating risk taking.
- 9 + years of software development experience.
- 9 + years of experience with cloud-based software design, building APIs, and automated testing and deployment.
- 9 + years of experience in developing Python\Java\Go, APIs, and solutions.
- 4 + years of experience designing web engineering solutions, using Angular or React.
- 6 + years of experience in Database integration using any industry-leading SQL like Postgres or NoSQL-based DBs.
- 7 + years of experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
- Experience in owning an application from development, and production deployment to maintenance.
- 6 + years of experience in web engineering solution build, and automated testing for all necessary iterations and deployment.
- 9 + years of experience in core development / design / architecture.
- Understanding of parallel processing and distributed systems.
- Error handling and reporting.
- Code styling and version control.
- Database maintenance & management.
- Development tools (Git, Jira, Bit Bucket, Jenkins, Selenium, Visual Studio, Sublime, etc).
- Linux / Windows administration.
- Docker / Rancher.
- Demonstrable passion and engineering expertise with Kubernetes, Container Orchestration, Docker, and Cloud Native applications.
- Experience in using public cloud platform services including AWS, Azure, and/or GCP.
- Excellent understanding of Infrastructure, Virtualization, Containers, Network, Storage, monitoring tools, Logging analytic tools (Splunk, etc.).
- Experience with Application Performance Management tools (Splunk, App Dynamics, New Relic, Dynatrace, etc.).
- Deep understanding of Agile principles and processes.
- Recognizes opportunities to adopt innovative technologies to enable business capabilities.
- Keeps up to date on current research and technology in the industry.
- Recognizes the importance of collaboration to achieve objectives.
- Clearly communicates ideas and concepts to others.
- Finds opportunities within projects and acts on own initiative without being prompted, including making appropriate decisions as vital.
- Provides feedback to team members in code reviews.
- Drive creative changes & continuous improvements.
- Mentors and guides junior team members to success within the team.
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential.
American Express Company is an American multinational corporation specializing in payment card services headquartered at 200 Vesey Street in the Battery Park City neighborhood of Lower Manhattan in New York City. The company was founded in 1850 and is one of the 30 components of the Dow Jones Industrial Average. Mission: Become essential to our customers by providing differentiated products and services to help them achieve their aspirations. Vision: Provide the world’s best customer experience every day.
At the core of Software Engineering, every member of our team should be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership, and business skills you’ll use every day, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture.
Depending on the role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days), or fully virtually.If the role you are applying for is designated as hybrid or onsite, you will be required to demonstrate that you have completed your primary COVID-19 vaccination series (i.e., 2 doses for Moderna/Pfizer and 1 dose for J&J) in order to work in or visit any of our offices. This requirement is subject to legally required accommodations.