Receptionist Jobs Birmingham, for Indian, for Forginers, for Graduate, for Freshers, Part Time The role of the Receptionist is to provide the highest levels of customer care and service to all clients, partners, and EY employees in line with agreed service level agreements and procedures. We aim to make the client’s first impression a positive and lasting one.
|Expected Salary||GBP 12 To GBP 14 per Hour|
|Address||Birmingham, England, United Kingdom B4 6AJ|
Ernst & Young Global Limited, trade name EY, is a multinational professional services partnership headquartered in London, England. EY is one of the largest professional services networks in the world. Along with Deloitte, KPMG, and PricewaterhouseCoopers, it is considered one of the Big Four accounting firms.
- To maintain an organized and tidy work area – this is to include the front desk, seating area, meeting rooms, and the client suite kitchen.
- To anticipate client needs, follow up with requests, and ensure the client’s expectations are not only met but exceeded.
- To ensure that visitor and client arrivals are communicated to the relevant people promptly and that the visitor is either met or escorted to the relevant room in a timely.
- To ensure that waiting visitors are kept informed of any delays and to ensure client.
- To replenish meeting rooms, as required, with pads, pens, and pencils.
- To ensure that all required hospitality is served promptly and to the highest standards.
- To ensure all audio-visual equipment is working and provide support when required.
- To collate all reception and hospitality statistics and forward them to the Regional.
- Workplace Manager on a weekly basis.
- To maintain appropriate stationery stocks in the reception area.
- To ensure the local Reception Operating Procedure manual is a kept-up-to date at all times.
Health and Safety
- Always work in a safe manner and report any hazards to the local WPC and/or Regional Workplace Manager immediately.
- To follow all Health and Safety instructions as directed by either the local WPC or Regional Workplace Manager.
- To attend all statutory Health and Safety training.
- To ensure all catering and fridge temperatures are appropriately tested/recorded to comply with statutory legislation To liaise with the trained first aider if a visitor should fall ill or have an accident and ensure all the relevant paperwork is completed for security.
- To report incidents to the local WPC and/or Regional Front of House Workplace Manager and/or building security as appropriate.
- To ensure the building reception has a list of all visitors due to arrive each day and booked car park spaces.
- To ensure all procedures are followed for recording EY staff visiting from another office in the UK or an overseas office.
- To ensure all client and visitor passes are both issued and collected.
- Support EY’s environmental initiatives.
- Ensure best practices for waste and energy savings are followed.
- Fully support the implementation and ongoing requirements of EY’s ISO standards. Ensure all areas of AWS are compliant with relevant policies and procedures, and where appropriate, actively contribute to continuous improvement programs.
|Schedule Type||Part Time|
|Education Required||High School Diploma|
- Immaculate grooming and personal hygiene is essential.
- The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing is essential.
- Computer literacy skills – Intermediate Excel, Word, and Outlook / Lotus Notes.
- Must have sound numerical skills.
- Ability to operate calmly under pressure.
- Strong customer focus.
- Able to demonstrate a professional and organized approach to the role.
- Logical thinker, able to spot errors and resolve queries.
- Able to deal with interruptions, work to deadlines and prioritize.
- Strong relationship skills – able to build and maintain rapport with guests.
- Able to multi-task and be flexible.
- Enthusiastic, committed, and determined.
- Sense of humor and an eye for detail.
- Striving to improve the service offered with a proactive approach to service delivery and client satisfaction.
Some Common Interview Questions for Receptionist:-
- What about clerical work interests you?
- What are your greatest strengths pertaining to office work?
- What are your greatest weaknesses pertaining to office work?
- Why makes you a qualified receptionist?
- What kind of products or services did your previous employer offer?
- Do you have experience working in a fast-paced environment?
- When have you used technology to help you with administrative tasks?
- What strategies do you use to fix your mistakes?
- What would you do if a client showed up 30 minutes late for their appointment?
- How would you stay upbeat on days you need to work long hours?
- What would you do if a fellow receptionist wasn’t following the company’s policies?
- How would you diffuse a tense situation between a colleague and a client?
- What steps would you take to make an important client feel welcomed?
- Are you willing to learn how to use additional administrative software?