Project Engineer Jobs in UK with Visa Sponsorship
|Post Name||Project Engineer|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Location||Birmingham, England, United Kingdom SS14 1BN|
|Min Salary||GBP 30.19|
|Max Salary||GBP 30.19 Per Hour|
|Qualification||Mechanical or Civil Engineering (or other relevant) degree or equivalent experience.|
Summary of responsibilities:
- The candidate needs to ensure that accurate budgets, plans, and fit-for-purpose technical solutions are delivered, and work with key stakeholders to define and deliver the capital and technical agendas during the development phases of capital investment projects.
- The candidate will develop capital budgets according to the contract and forecast cash flow, ensure that engineering developments and standards are implemented, and support the development and implementation of state-of-the-art processes and equipment strategies to optimize resources, harmonize assets, and rollout best practices.
- The candidate will support capital project execution and will be accountable for the quality and results of the capital projects per company standards, and our business and innovation processes in project management.
- Designs for new products and factory development projects are developed, working closely with Manufacturing, Business Development, and R&D functions where required.
- Designs for new factory building and infrastructure upgrade projects are developed, working closely with Manufacturing, Engineering, and Commercial where required.
- Detailed engineering (civil/process/packaging/mechanical) design and specifications and developed for authorized capital projects to meet requirements of safety, quality, and hygiene at optimum output and efficiency, and lowest cost.
- Systems are reverse-engineered where information does not exist.
- Existing practices, methods, and technology are challenged and opportunities to improve factory productivity, safety, and quality are proactively sought.
- Assistance with the development of the factory forward investment strategy, identifying and driving a number of capital projects, to help deliver the factory forward plan.
- Technical and engineering input and support are provided to drive the site’s commercial and operational performance objectives.
- A thorough understanding of all aspects of confectionery making, wrapping, packing, and services, particularly within the chocolate category is developed, and external supplier developments are kept up to date.
- Tender packages are prepared and reviewed, tender returns are evaluated, peer reviews are conducted, and commercial terms are negotiated.
- Contractors and others carrying out work on-site are supervised and managed.
- Plants are commissioned to achieve specified quality and output targets within the commissioning timescales in-line with IIM and CQV requirements.
- Solutions to problems are recommended so that they can be designed to reduce operating costs, improve product quality, and improve safety performance.
- The implementation of the multiple capital projects is managed, both for the company’s site and, other company’s manufacturing sites within UK chocolate, to time, cost, and quality, in-line with IIM processes using both internal and external resources as appropriate.
- Project costs are managed using ERP tools (SAP and Coupa) and capital spending is managed and forecast.
- Coaching, development, and support are provided to other members of the BD&E team, factory-based technical personnel (and to the wider company’s organization if required or appropriate).
- Support and expertise in the application of GMP and sanitary design standards across the sites are provided, developing and sharing best practices across the MEU network.
Primary Skills Required:
- The candidate is required to have a desire to drive to the future and accelerate their career.
- The candidate will bring experience and knowledge in the field of Project Management skills, leading to work effectively across cross-functional teams and influencing stakeholders.
- Senior-level technical expertise across engineering disciplines.
- Background in Project Management and ideally within the food or FMCG industry.
- A broad appreciation of process, packaging, control, services, and infrastructure in a relevant FMCG industry.
- Experience in managing capital projects and working within project teams.
- Software experience in Microsoft Office + AutoCAD, Project Management software, and ERP systems.
Educational Qualifications Required:
- Mechanical or Civil Engineering (or other relevant) degree or equivalent experience.
This role is INSIDE IR35
Do not miss out on your chance to interview – APPLY NOW!
Our Clients are unable to provide sponsorship for Tier 2 General Visas; therefore, only candidates eligible to work in the UK need to apply!
Caresoft Global Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency.
We are an independent highly-experienced recruitment consultancy dedicated to specialist markets within the Automotive, Aerospace, Agricultural & Construction Industries.
No terminology within this advert is intended to unlawfully discriminate on the grounds of age, sex, race, or disability and we welcome all applications.