Phillips 66 Jobs 2022/2023 HIRING NOW!!
|Post Name||Operator Intern|
|Company Name||Phillips 66|
|Expected Salary||USD 16 To USD 20 Per Hour|
|Address||Sweeny, Texas, United States 77463|
Phillips 66 Jobs 2022/2023 HIRING NOW!!, Phillips 66 has more than 140 years of experience in providing the energy that enables people to dream bigger and go farther, faster. We are committed to improving lives, and that is our promise to our employees and our communities.
We are sustained by the backgrounds and experiences of our diverse teams, which reflect who we are, the environment we create, and how we work together. Our company is built on values of safety, honor, and commitment.
We call our cultural mindset Our Energy in Action, which we define through four simple, intuitive behaviors: We work for the greater good, create an environment of trust, seek different perspectives, and achieve excellence.
The Operations Intern supports day-to-day operations at the Sweeny Refinery. The selected candidate(s) will be part of the operations team and will work under the direction of the Shift Superintendent.
Responsibilities May Include p66 careers, Phillips 66 Jobs Near Me:
- Maintaining equipment and operations
- Climbing ladders, tanks, and towers
- Taking samples/reading various process streams
- Initiating work orders and permitting work related to the assigned unit
- Maintaining proper and safe process operations of the operating equipment
- Communicating effectively during the shift and at shift relief regarding key process unit and equipment information
- Ability to climb, bend, lift and perform a wide range of physical activities
- Ability to work at various heights
- Ability to listen and follow instructions
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with other team members, leaders, and operations personnel
- Ability to use a variety of safety and personal protective equipment
- Overtime work is required at times, which may consist of nights and weekends
- Performing routine pipeline and terminal maintenance.
- Identifying and resolving scheduling conflicts as they occur.
- Ensuring accurate and timely completion of all paperwork.
- Staying abreast of all changes in operations and procedures.
- Performing operational duties in accordance with Procedures Guide and Local Operating Procedures Guide.
- Responding to emergencies and maintaining emergency and measurement equipment.
- Completing mandated safety and regulatory training (Computer-Based Training).
- Maintaining an effective and professional relationship with all customers and responding promptly to their needs.
- Performing environmental and regulatory checks, eliminating, containing, and reporting product and brine leaks, seeps, and spills.
- Monitoring and enforcing safety rules
- Occasionally assuming supervisory responsibilities during supervisor absence.
- Assisting with construction and maintenance projects and pursuing cost reduction opportunities.
- Working 12-hour shifts and some vacation relief
|Education Required||High school diploma or G.E.D.|
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without restrictions
- 18 years or older
- Must be enrolled in their last year in a Process Technology degree plan from an accredited school and in one Process Technology course in the degree plan each semester during the academic school year (September-May)
- Must maintain an overall and semester grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Must have a valid driver’s license and must provide own transportation to and from work
- Must have a High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must follow all safety rules and regulations governing employees of Phillips 66
- Must be able to pass Operator Core Training for Interns (Tier 2) and New Employee Safety Training
- If required based on work assignment, the candidate must be willing and able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC) – not required during pre-employment
- Willing and able to perform and comply with the following items, with or without accommodation:
To work at least 20 hours a week
To work overtime (if necessary), including nights and occasional weekends
To work in enclosed spaces, such as tanks and silos
To work near large, hot, high-speed machines
To climb up to 250 feet in height
To lift up to 50 pounds
To work around chemicals, including acids and bases
To wear fire retardant clothing and personal protective equipment (such as steel-toed shoes, ear, and eye protection)
To maintain your face daily so that a respirator/face mask can seal properly (some examples include being free of facial hair and/or cleanly shaven) if applicable
To work outside in harsh weather conditions
To work with petroleum products that are under high pressure and heat
To read technical procedures and materials in English To learn computer software associated with process operations
- Safety and environmental alertness and promotion of a safe working environment, accomplished by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Computer proficiency with Excel, Word, and SAP
- Use of good judgment and the ability to make decisions independently
- Able to comprehend and follow instructions
- Skills in self-motivation and personal organization
- Able to produce thorough and accurate paperwork
- Skills in effective communication and teamwork
- Able to adjust quickly to unexpected conditions, respond to emergencies
- Knowledgeable of LPG product quality specifications
- Able to interpret and evaluate data and detect problems
- Significant mechanical skills with mechanical and rotating equipment
The Sweeny Refinery is located in Old Ocean, Texas. Refinery facilities include crude distilling, naphtha reforming, fluid catalytic cracking, alkylation, hydrodesulfurization, and aromatics units, as well as access to the on-site vacuum tower and delayed coking unit, which is an asset owned by Phillips 66 Partners.
Sweeny processes heavy, high-sulfur crude oil and some light, low-sulfur crude oil. Domestic, Canadian, and other foreign crude oil is transported by truck, pipeline, marine transportation, and terminals.
The refinery produces a high percentage of transportation fuels. Other products include petrochemical feedstocks, heating oil, and petroleum coke.
The refinery receives crude oil by pipeline and via tankers, through terminals on the Gulf Coast, including a deepwater terminal at Freeport. Refined products are distributed throughout the Midcontinent region, southeastern and eastern United States by pipeline, barge, and rail car. Refined products are also exported to Latin America by waterborne cargo.
At Phillips 66, providing access to high-quality programs and care for you and your family is important to us. Maintaining a culture of well-being — physical, emotional, social, and financial — is essential for a high-performing organization. When we are at our best, we are poised to deliver exceptional results — personally and professionally. Benefits for certain eligible, full-time employees include:
- Annual Variable Cash Incentive Program (VCIP) bonus
- 8% 401k company match, with an additional 0-4% Company 401k contribution based on the Company’s financial performance
- Cash Balance Account pension
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits with an annual company contribution to a Health Savings Account for employees on HDHP
- Total well-being programs and incentives, including Employee Assistance Plan, well-being reimbursement, and backup family care services