Paralegal/ Legal Support Specialist
|Post Name||Paralegal/ Legal Support Specialist|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Working Hours||8 Hour|
|Location||Birmingham, England, United Kingdom B1 1TT|
|Min. Salary||GB45000 to|
|Max. Salary||GBP 50000 Per Year|
As a Legal Support Specialist at TravelPerk, you’ll support the day-to-day activities of our global legal team across Europe and the United States.
In doing so, you will help to give business travelers the freedom, autonomy, and support they need to travel exactly the way they want; and you’ll help to shape and build the leading in-house team in tech.
Reporting to TravelPerk’s Legal Director, West Europe (but working most regularly with our outstanding Legal Counsels in the UK and Spain) you will help us maintain a complete, ‘real-time understanding of the needs of a very fast scaling global tech business.
In doing so, you’ll be exposed to a wide variety of commercial, risk management, and governance matters, including regulatory, intellectual property, litigation, employment, domestic and local company administration, fundraising, investor relations, company secretarial, and corporate governance.
What You Will Do
- Help us maintain a detailed understanding of TravelPerk as a business, as it continues to grow and evolve
- Develop a close relationship with the partners we support, and understand their needs and objectives at a granular level
- Assist with and run document review projects
- Help accelerate the adoption of legal tech solutions across the business, building on our existing class-leading tech stack
- Manage payment and customer success processes with our external suppliers
- Manage physical and virtual legal documentation archives, develop ways in which we can make contract access simpler and more automated, and surface data insights from our contracts
- Drive internal team projects to ensure they are accurately prioritized and completed effectively
- Improve analysis and reporting, and support data-driven decision-making across the team
- Manage intellectual property assets, in connection with external advisors
- We will help you develop your understanding of company documents and corporate processes in the countries in which we have a presence.
What You Need
- You must speak and write English fluently – it’s our business language within TravelPerk.
- We will consider any applicants with relevant experience. Ideally, you’ll have experience working in tech or with a legal team. It is not essential that you have prior experience working in-house in a legal team. In fact, we would love to hear from you if you currently work in project management, product development, or a traditional administrative role – all of these have parallels with our goals for this hire.
- TravelPerk is an “in real life” business. We aim to bring together team members face-to-face as often as possible. In relation to this role, you can operate from our hubs in Birmingham or Barcelona. The package you receive will depend on your “home” hub.
Where Will The Role Take You
- We believe passionately in the importance of growth and development; and that every person on the legal team is entitled to a job from which they derive high levels of personal satisfaction. Talented and driven people are entitled to expect employers to offer an employee value proposition that offers continual leveling up.
- A successful occupant of this role will, after a suitable period of time, have exceptional experience working in a fast-scaling, global tech (and specifically SaaS) business, and will have deep familiarity with the latest tools and techniques to deliver legal services at scale which internal partners love.
- We will support you in building a career as a lawyer (by helping you become legally qualified in England & Wales, for example) or in legal operations if you have an interest in either or both of these pathways. Your progress will be tracked using a development plan, and that plan will incorporate our goals for you as well as your own goals for yourself.
- The winning candidate will benefit from a positive, “high impact not long hours” culture.
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company
- Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge
- Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance depending on your location
- “Flexible compensation plan” to help you diversify and increase the net salary
- Flexibility to work from home most of the time with core hours
- Unforgettable TravelPerk events including travel to one of our hubs
- Udemy for a Business account to continue your development
- A mental health support tool for your wellbeing
- Exponential growth opportunities
Flexible Work Policy
- You will need to be based in one of our hub countries, some positions are only open in specific locations
- We will require you to travel to the office hub in your country once or twice per week depending on your position
- In addition, every quarter you will be required to travel to an office hub location for up to 5 days to meet with your whole team
- We have flexible working hours to fit around your life
- Team members that want to go to the office more are welcome too!