|Company Name||Irwin Mitchell|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Working Hours||8 Hour|
|Location||London, England, United Kingdom EC1N 2PZ|
|Min. Salary||GBP 30000 to|
|Max. Salary||GBP 35000 Per Year|
|Qualification||Degree in Law|
You don’t always need to have a law degree to work as a Paralegal at Irwin Mitchell. In the Workplace Illness team, we’re keen to have you on board if you are a great team player and willing to learn quickly.
You’ll be involved in supporting Solicitors with their caseload right from the beginning so this is a fantastic opportunity to gain real, hands-on experience in a law firm.
- Taking instructions from clients and assisting with the giving of legal advice, including obtaining evidence and, where appropriate, assisting with litigation, to achieve appropriate resolutions for the clients.
- Achieve time recording and fee income targets to ensure profitable working.
- Attend and contribute to team/practice area meetings and comply with directions/decisions made to ensure team objectives are achieved.
- Keep up to date with changes in relevant law and practice and attend appropriate training events to ensure up-to-date legal knowledge and best practice.
- Empathy and compassion help guide our clients through challenging personal circumstances.
- A friendly, enthusiastic, and can-do approach.
- Ideally, some previous Paralegal experience.
We’re proud of our values, and we’re looking for people who share them:
- To be pioneering with an imaginative outlook.
- To be approachable and caring.
- To be tenacious in the pursuit of our objectives.
- To be efficient in the provision of our services.
- To work with a foundation of integrity.
What we can offer you:
- 25 days annual leave, with the opportunity to buy additional leave.
- Two fundraising days in a year to give back to the community (fully paid!).
- Westfield Health membership, offering discounted leisure and travel and refunds on medical services.
We’re a national law firm with a local reach. Our philosophy is ‘Expert Hand, Human Touch’ – something you’ll find in the way we work with our clients and how we support our teams. But, we’re more than just a law firm – we’re a team, working together to help individuals and businesses navigate life’s ups and downs.
Whichever team you join, working here you’ll feel a part of our friendly and inclusive environment. We’ll value you for who you are and what you bring. We support each other and push boundaries to achieve incredible things, and make a real difference to our clients and communities.
The work we do has been recognized in the awards we’ve won. We’re committed to being even better, and our awards help to show we’re on the right track.
We recognize that office 9-5 isn’t for everyone. That’s why we’ve introduced ‘Flexible by Choice’. Whether it’s working from home, in our offices, or a combination of the both, we trust each other to support our clients, colleagues, and communities at the right time, in the right way.
Our Workplace Illness team deals with occupational disease claims, which include a significant number of asbestos-related disease claims. The team handles a high proportion of litigated cases, many of which are dealt with on an expedited basis in the High Court. The personal injury teams at Irwin Mitchell don’t just deal with compensation claims.
We also work with our clients and their families to ensure all of their support needs are met. It’s a unique, bespoke approach that really makes a difference to people whose lives have been turned upside down by an occupational illness diagnosis.