Teachers communicate regularly with students to ensure that each student successfully completes their instructional program. This is a work-from-home position.
|Post Name||English Teacher|
|Salary||USD 15 To USD 20 Per Hour|
|Education Required||Bachelor’s Degree|
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always reexamining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe.
We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better.
By pushing the boundaries of technology—and each other to surpass these boundaries—we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Pearson Virtual Schools’ K-12 group provides high-quality, highly accountable online education solutions to schools, school districts, and students in grades K-12. It serves families and schools with a variety of digital learning and online school solutions including Connections Academy, International Connections Academy, and Pearson Connexus.
In 2017, it delivered online learning to over 400,000 students in the U.S. and 48 countries. The group, formerly known as Connections Education, is based in Columbia, Maryland, and has been named a “Top Workplace” by the Baltimore Sun for three consecutive years and a “Best Place to Work” by Baltimore magazine.
Recognized for its outstanding curriculum, high-quality teachers, and leadership, Pearson Virtual Schools is committed to expanding quality education through technology and helping students achieve both academic and personal success.
The English Teacher will be responsible for the successful completion of the following tasks:
- Support the instructional program with synchronous and asynchronous web conferencing sessions using Adobe® Connect™;
- Complete all grading by providing prompt, high-quality, personalized feedback on assignments;
- Communicate with students, and other teachers on a regular basis to update pacing plans/schedules for students as required;
- Use data to monitor successful completion of assignments and facilitate appropriate interactions with students that encourage consistent interaction with the course(s);
- Review curriculum and determine course modifications that will promote student achievement for those requiring accommodations through IEPs or 504 plans;
- Consult with team members and administrators to develop alternate enrichment activities and lesson modifications to increase student understanding and promote success for struggling or at-risk students through differentiation;
- Develop a general knowledge of the curriculum and a detailed knowledge of the courses for which you are responsible;
- Communicate regularly with students, using phone, Chat, and our WebMail system;
- Adhere to all policies regarding protecting students’ well-being and personal information, including following FERPA and Copyright & Fair Use laws;
- Keep student performance and participation information up-to-date by grading assessments in a timely manner, and logging all student and parent contacts;
- Hold regular office hours (minimum of 3 hours per week);
- Utilize a variety of communication tools in the online environment to effectively build relationships and promote student success with students, partner teachers, colleagues, and other stakeholders;
- Foster community and use a welcoming, warm online voice that is inviting and supportive towards students and families;
- Other duties as assigned.
TOP: Based on potential student enrollment changes, this position will work until the end of each semester of the 2022-2023 school year. At that time, the school and department leadership will evaluate the status of this position and could extend it for the following enrollment period or school year if they deem it necessary. Full-time positions are eligible for most employee benefits, including medical, dental, and vision.
Pearson Virtual Schools is focused on providing a flexible work environment to its employees, including the ability to work from home on a regular basis in most positions.
We believe that flexibility in work/life balance is a critical part of our culture and employee satisfaction, and we are proud to provide our employees the ability to work from anywhere, anytime.
In exchange, we require that employees have the appropriate means to work remotely, including adherence to our work-at-home policies regarding home office setup, including but not limited to privacy of records, technology standards, equipment standards, and expectations.
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
The following equipment will be provided to you by the company as a full-time employee:
- 2nd monitor
The following equipment will need to be provided by you, as the employee, when working from home:
- Reliable high-speed internet
- Highly qualified and certified to teach English with a valid state teaching certificate in Washington or Tennessee
- Must have completed a traditional teacher preparation program (not alternative certification) at an accredited college or university.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to obtain certification in other states as requested
- Provide feedback to students in a timely manner and grade assessments within the required timeframe
- Attend check-in meetings with your supervisor twice per month (or as scheduled)
- Able to work a full-time shift that covers core business hours, from 10 am – 4 pm Eastern time
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced environment that requires significant flexibility, effective prioritization of tasks, self-direction, and creativity
- Understanding of IEP/504 plans and how they can be implemented in a virtual setting
- Strong technology skills (proficiency with Microsoft Office programs or Google Apps is preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and strong time management and organizational skills
- Customer-focused approach and commitment to student achievement