Nonprofit Jobs in Los Angeles California
Nonprofit Jobs in Los Angeles California, PURSUE YOUR PASSION, Not Just Another Job! Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for employees who are passionate about serving all veterans.
Changing the life of a vet takes a whole lot of work. It also takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then VVSD is the place to start!
|Company Name||Veterans Village of San Diego (VVSD)|
|Expected Salary||USD 18 To USD 20 Per Hour|
|Address||Los Angeles, California, United States 90001|
With a multidisciplinary team of psychiatrists, psychologists licensed clinical social workers, licensed chemical dependency counselors, case managers, and veteran outreach workers, the clinic offers high-quality, evidence-based, and personalized outpatient mental health.
Treatment is tailored to meet the specific needs of veterans, particularly those from the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and their families. The Cohen Clinic is part of the Cohen Veterans Network, a national nonprofit (501c3) network of clinics.
Under the general direction of the Office Manager, the Receptionist is responsible for registering and scheduling patients in the appropriate IT system and organizing daily patient schedules.
Triaging incoming patient reports to appropriate locations, answering phones, preparation of billing information for billing services, obtaining and documenting insurance pre-authorizations and pre-certifications, and facilitating physician and patient administrative needs.
- Operate the main switchboard at the Cohen Clinic by routing calls, assisting with outgoing calls long distance calls, etc.
- Serve as the main receptionist for the Cohen Clinic, greeting and appropriately directing visitors and staff.
- Greet clients, copy photo identification, and any insurance information for client files.
- Serve as the primary backup for Cohen Clinic staff in taking and distributing messages as needed.
- Report problems with the telephone system to appropriate staff and coordinate with service personnel as needed to correct problems.
- Maintain current information on all clinic services and other community services to assist consumers, staff, and the general public in accessing the Cohen Clinic and other community services.
- Serve as general back-up to administrative support staff performing tasks such as faxing, preparing documentation for distribution internally or external mail out, copying, and meeting preparation.
- Properly direct calls to other locations/units/agencies.
- Cross-training support staff on switchboard coverage and mail operations.
- Serve as a primary mail clerk for the clinic in the sorting and distribution of incoming mail, posting outgoing mail, and daily mail pick-up and drop-off.
- Fax attendant, including retrieving, sorting, and distributing faxes to appropriate staff.
- Participate along with the office manager in the managed care billing process responsibilities including discussion of insurance co-payment.
- Maintain a daily log of accounts receivable and consumer checks, mailed to the Cohen Clinic.
- Primary contact for external courier service.
- Supervise Shredder functions and staff and provides support as needed.
- Oversee functions of the day shift cleaning patrol and insurance coding and claims and provide supervision as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Present a professional image, maintaining a calm, professional manner knowing that some callers are consumers or family members and may be agitated, stressed, or present a difficult communication situation.
Analytical skills, professional acumen, business ethics, thorough understanding of continuous improvement processes, problem-solving, respect for confidentiality, and excellent communication and presentation skills.
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
- Good verbal communication skills, poise, and ability to handle high-volume telephone duty.
- Typing, filing, and general office skills.
- PC literate with knowledge of MS software.
- Willingness to learn new functions.
- Prior experience within the military community and/or veteran administrative organizations.
- Strong consultative abilities, conflict-resolution skills, and leadership abilities.
- Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, and implement recommendations in support of goals.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work including diverse interest groups advocacy groups and other governmental organizations.
- Intermediate level in MS Excel, Email, and word processing programs.
- Ability to utilize the Internet for resources.
VVSD requires to require all employees to be fully vaccinated and boosted (once, but may change per contract requirements) for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of full vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
VVSD offers competitive pay and benefits including 12 paid holidays a year, paid vacation and paid sick leave, pension, health insurance, and dental and vision plans.