|Post Name||Nursing Associate|
|Company Name||Croydon Health Services NHS Trust|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Working Hours||8 Hour|
|Location||Croydon, England, United Kingdom CR9 2RS|
|Min. Salary||GBP 28057 to|
|Max. Salary||GBP 30390 Per Year|
|Qualification||Nursing Related Degree|
The post holder will be accountable to the registered nurse in charge of the ward/department for the delivery of nursing care to a specific group of patients. The post holder will organize his own time and that of junior staff, delegating to junior staff and learners, and participating in teaching and education programs for staff and patients.
Main Duties of The Job
We are Transforming Adult Community Services in Croydon. Do you have the skills to be part of this exciting transformation?
We require a Band 4 Associate Practitioner to work independently under the guidance and direction of a Registered Nurse in order to provide efficient and effective evidence-based nursing care to patients in their own homes.
Applicants must have a Foundation Degree in Healthcare Practice/Adult Care as well as excellent clinical, communication, and team working skills. Experience working in a Community Team is desirable.
We offer a comprehensive induction program and excellent ongoing professional development opportunities.
All candidates must have a clean driving license and use a car for work purposes. Once recruited staff can take advantage of our childcare facilities.
With its excellent shopping and entertainment facilities and fast transport links to Central London and the Coast why not come and be part of our Transformation Agenda?
Working for Our Organization
Croydon Health Services NHS Trust provides hospital and community services from a number of community and specialist clinics throughout Croydon.
- Croydon University Hospital
- Purley Hospital
- The Sickle Cell and Thalassaemia Centre in Thornton Heath
- Community based at Purley, Sanderstead, New Addington, Broad Green, Woodside
- A minor injuries unit in New Addington
The Trust was formed on 1st August 2010 through the integration of Croydon Community Health Services and Mayday Healthcare NHS Trust. Around 3,500 staff provide services for a population of over 360,000 people who are relatively young with a high level of ethnic diversity.
“Excellent integrated care for you and your family, when and where you need it”
Our 5 key ‘Here for you’ promises to the people of Croydon are:
- You feel cared for by helpful and welcoming staff.
- You feel in safe hands with highly professional staff.
- You feel confident in your treatment from skilled teams of compassionate clinicians.
- You feel we value your time with convenient appointments, minimal waiting, and care closer to home.
- You feel it’s getting better all the time as we continue to improve our services.
We are one of 17 Trusts in the country that have been accepted as national pioneers in staff engagement and empowerment, through the adoption of “Listening into Action” as a new way of working. The approach we are taking to “Listening into Action” is new and different.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English
- • Must have clear legible handwriting
- • Foundation Degree in Healthcare Practice/Adult Care
- • Willingness to undertake further training relevant to this post
- Recent experience working as a health care assistant within Community Nursing Service or Primary Care
Knowledge and Understanding
- Must have knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety responsibilities.
- Understanding of the need for confidentiality in relation to work activities.
- Understanding of Equality and Diversity in relation to work activities.
- Understanding the Associate Practitioner role.
- Understanding of principles of promoting independence.
- Awareness of own level of knowledge and competency and of when to seek guidance from senior colleagues.
- Understanding of Child and Adult protection needs and action to take in event of concerns.