Netflix Careers – Sr. Concept Artist – USD 41 Hourly
|Post Name||Sr. Concept Artist|
|Education Required||Degree in Graphic Design|
|Location||Work From Home|
The Senior Concept Artist will create compelling concepts and polished in-game art for our mobile game titles. You will work as part of the creative team responsible for crafting in-game assets for existing and new titles. You will work closely with both internal and external teams to create character art and environment art.
To ensure success as a concept artist, you should be able to combine imagination and skill to produce accurate visual references and work in a variety of mediums. Top-notch concept artists are able to produce high-quality previsualizations that perfectly meet the specifications and vision of the client.
- Illustrate, and compose highly effective art assets following IP-specific brand and in-game style guidelines.
- Create custom illustrated player-facing key art that accomplishes the vision, mission, and high-level goals of the product.
- Play a key role in defining the look and feel of the brand with a clear and distinctive visual identity that aligns with the goals of the product and tells a story.
- Ensure all campaigns and assets truly capture the marketability of the visual design of the games.
- Concept new and original ideas, and render 2d Illustrations.
- Generate storyboards to communicate ideas and provide direction to the wider team.
- Illustrate concept art that can inform outsourcing for character and environment asset creation
- Illustrate iconography to support motion graphics efforts.
- Communicate and collaborate with various stakeholders on both the game product team and IP stakeholders to ensure that the visual identity of our brand is aligned.
- Lead by example, create a strong sense of purpose and community, and promote a culture of excellence.
- Exemplify reliability, accountability, and professionalism in all work-related interactions.
Skills and Abilities:
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, as well as Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Excellent ability to create high-quality promotional assets in various styles.
- Expert in digital painting with the ability to perform marketing and player-facing polish.
- Able to manage multiple, competing tasks and be self-directed in a quickly evolving environment with little direction.
- Excellent communication, organization, and leadership skills.
- Collaborative team-centric focus with an excellent ability to deliver and receive constructive feedback.
- Ability to mentor and inspire artists in the same discipline.
- Motion design knowledge in After Effects or Spine is a big plus.
Education and Experience:
- 10 years of experience with a mobile gaming company or related creative studio environment.
- Experience documenting processes.
- Great understanding of composition and color theory.
- Working knowledge of graphic/visual/stylistic trends in art, film, and games.
- Strong understanding of visual branding and IP in the context of marketing campaigns.
- Well-versed in a wide range of marketing mediums such as web graphics, social media, ad creatives, photography, posters, and videos.
Interview Question for Sr. Concept Artist:
- Tell me how you organize, plan, and prioritize your work.
- Describe an effective complex graphic or animation which you designed.
- Share an experience you had in dealing with a difficult person and how you handled the situation.
- Share an experience in which you successfully shared a difficult piece of information. (Make sure that the candidate
- has open lines of communication.)
- Share an experience when you applied new technology or information in your job. How did it help your company?
- Give me an example of when you thought outside of the box. How did it help your employer?
- Tell me about an experience in which you analyzed information and evaluated results to choose the best solution to a problem.
- Would you consider analyzing data or information a strength? How so?
Share an effective approach to working with a large amount of information/data. How has your approach affected your company?
- Tell me about the last time you monitored or reviewed the information and detected a problem. How did you respond?
- Share an example of a time you had to gather information from multiple sources. How did you determine which information was relevant?
- Provide an example of a time when you were able to demonstrate excellent listening skills. What were the situation and outcome?
- Share an experience in which your attention to detail and thoroughness had an impact on your last company.
- Provide an example of a time when you successfully organized a diverse group of people to accomplish a task.
- Please share with me an example of how you helped coach or mentor someone. What improvements did you see in the person’s knowledge or skills?