Netflix Software Engineer Salary $105 Hourly
|Post Name||Senior Software Engineer|
|Location||Work From Home|
Netflix is the world’s leading streaming entertainment service with 222 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages.
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Among other functions, Open Connect provides highly available infrastructure for content production, processing, and distribution across all Netflix productions and licensed content. As part of this, we are working on new ways of delivering entertainment that requires real-time, ultra-low-latency network transport technologies.
We are looking for a senior software engineer with experience designing RTP/RTCP-based solutions for delivering highly-interactive, ultra-low latency streaming over internet service provider networks worldwide. You understand the dynamic nature of internet paths, and how they impact interactive media streams.
You will refine and improve today’s state-of-the-art heuristics for rate & latency estimation, congestion control, and loss recovery for RTP-based media streams.
You will collaborate with colleagues to implement and deploy your new ideas into our server-side, real-time transport stack. You will work closely with the server, client, and data analytics colleagues to evaluate and refine your designs using a mix of lab and production (A/B) testing. All of this excites you.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to directly impact an emerging area of business. We provide the freedom to execute, learn and pivot, and the responsibility to be self-directed, collaborative, and insightful.
- Deep understanding of modern strategies for balancing network congestion, goodput, latency, and reliability in support of interactive, ultra-low-latency, RTP-based streaming.
- Familiarity with how low-latency, two-way media flows over IP networks interact with bufferbloat, active/smart queue management, and concurrent TCP-like traffic.
- Experience using network lab environments for controlled data networking experiments exploring large, multi-parameter test spaces. Experience using A/B testing methodologies for transport stack performance testing in production.
- Practical understanding of Secure RTP/RTCP, DTLS, SCTP, STUN/TURN, and ICE protocols.
- An ability to articulate to diverse audiences the technical and business implications of performance measurement experiments executed both in the lab and in production.
- Experience partnering with remote engineering or product teams across multiple time zones.
- Experience with software development in Linux or closely-related environments.
- Experience with tcpdump/Wireshark, python, and R (or similar tools) for network traffic capture, test orchestration, post-capture analysis, and presentation.
You will be successful in this role if you:
- Have the ability to define and self-manage cross-functional projects fueled by ambiguous questions.
- Are a self-starter, curious, and not afraid to ask when in doubt.
- Are you a quick learner and excited about learning new technologies?
- Advocate software craftsmanship, take pride in your work, and enjoy taking full ownership of projects from conception to production.
Nice to have:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in a relevant science or engineering discipline.
Netflix is the world’s leading streaming entertainment service with 222 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, feature films, and mobile games across a wide variety of genres and languages.
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Netflix, Inc. is an American subscription streaming service and production company based in Los Gatos, California. it offers a film and television series library through distribution deals as well as its own productions, known as Netflix Originals.
At Netflix, we want to entertain the world. Whatever your taste, and no matter where you live, we give you access to best-in-class TV series, documentaries, feature films, and mobile games. Our members control what they want to watch, when they want it, with no ads, in one simple subscription.
Interview Questions for Software Engineer:
- What aspects of this position interest you most?
- How do you stay updated on industry developments?
- How do you remove duplicates from an array in place?
- What is a bucket sort algorithm? How do you use it?
- Describe the development life cycle and models for it.
- What are the most important factors to consider when designing scalable applications?
- How do you merge two sorted linked lists?
- How do you use abstract classes?
- What is the purpose of a CSS style sheet?
- What is immutability in Java?
- How do you populate a list in C#?
- What is the difference between black box and white box testing?
- What are the basic functions of a stack?
- What strategies do you use to make a program faster?
- What are functional and non-functional requirements?
- What were your responsibilities in your previous position?
- What is your process for starting a new project?
- How do you ensure you meet deadlines?
- What are your favorite software development tools?
- How comfortable are you reviewing others’ code?