Netflix is the world’s leading internet entertainment service with over 214 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen.
Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments. Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
The SEAL (Strategic Engagement and Analytics) team is part of the Global Public Policy team. Much of the work that SEAL does is forward-looking and proactive in nature to ensure that policymakers and regulators understand our policy positions.
We are looking for an Economist to broaden the team’s ability to provide economic analysis of public policy issues that affect the business both now and in the future.
This person will have a high degree of visibility with senior management within the organization and will work closely with many other teams in the business. This role can be based in any of our regional offices in APAC.
The successful candidate must display, through attitude and accomplishments, a strong initiative for anticipating and meeting the business demands of senior-level business managers.
They must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results, and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
We are looking for someone who is experienced in working at the intersection of economics, public policy, and regulation across different countries.
The candidate will need to turn data and economic research into insights and thought leadership; which will also require turning broad, ambiguous questions into tangible insights communicated externally to our Public Policy stakeholders.
Netflix is fast-growing with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties.
The ideal candidate would be prepared to regularly “roll up their sleeves” to perform more routine tasks on the same day that they are asked to prepare an analysis and a presentation to the executives of the company. The candidate must be motivated, disciplined, and able to work effectively and autonomously.
|Post Name||APAC Payments Strategy, Planning, & Analysis|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hour||8 Hours|
|Location||Singapore, Singapore 018937|
|Salary||SGD 5000 To SGD 7000 Per Month|
In this role you will:
- Manage and conduct an economic analysis of the implications of public policies on our business, particularly working closely with policy colleagues across all regions.
- Undertake data analysis to support our global policy work.
- Work closely with multiple teams across Netflix to ensure that the Public Policy team is able to leverage data and insights from these teams.
- Track research and reports from third-party sources relevant to the work of the Public Policy team and that can inform new research projects.
- Commission and support research projects from third parties to drive our global and regional policy strategy.
- Work in tandem with public policy and other cross-functional teams (especially the comms teams) to ensure that economic research, insights, and analysis have an external impact.
Qualifications, skills, and experience:
- 8+ years of experience working as an economist in government or for a regulator or a company or a multilateral organization, and/or in consulting roles on public policy issues. (For candidates with a Ph.D., typically we would look at candidates with 5 years post-PhD experience, though note that a Ph.D. is not required for this role.)
- Strong communication/presentation skills with a track record of presenting complex analyses to executives/senior management clearly and concisely and the ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems to different types of audiences internally and externally.
- Modeling skills and experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Proficiency with Google tools as well as MS Excel & PowerPoint. Knowledge of statistical packages such as R and Python and experience with SQL is a plus.
- Undergraduate degree and a postgraduate degree in economics, economics, and statistics, or economics and politics.
- Proven experience in turning data, trends analysis, and economic research into stories that can reach a wider audience.
- Experience in working across different markets and comfortable working with colleagues from different cultures.
- Expertise in the media sector is a plus though not required.