Netflix Jobs Toronto, Jobs at Netflix, Netflix Toronto Jobs
Netflix Jobs Toronto, Jobs at Netflix, Netflix Toronto Jobs, Netflix is seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide support for our Canadian content team in Toronto.
This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires a candidate who is a positive thinker, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to exercise good judgment and initiative. Curiosity is a must. While the role is administrative in function, this person will be foundational for our creative team.
|Post Name||Administrative Assistant|
|Expected Salary||CAD 22 To CAD 23 Per Hour|
|Address||Toronto, ON, Canada M5A 3L1|
- Maintain calendars for 2 busy executives including booking and confirming meetings & calls, internally & externally
- Manage a high flow of incoming submissions of pitch materials, scripts, etc.
- Maintain internal systems to track incoming submissions, as well as projects and their statuses throughout the development and production process
- Coordinate travel arrangements (domestic and international) and other related administrative duties (i.e. processing travel and expense reports, digital and physical filing, etc…)
- Research & write meeting preparation notes for executives
- Take notes in certain meetings and circulate pertinent information to the greater team
- Create agendas, presentations, and documents using PowerPoint and Google docs
- Assist with team projects and events as needed
- Heavy communication verbally and written
|Education Required||BA/BS Degree|
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
- French language proficiency is required
- 2+ years as an assistant in a corporate or production environment
- Studio/entertainment industry experience is a plus
- Team-player who operates in a fast-paced team-oriented setting
- Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
- Understanding how to prioritize and respond accordingly
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to multitask
- Proficiency with Google Workspace is a plus
- BA/BS Degree preferred
Netflix, Inc. is an American subscription streaming service and production company based in Los Gatos, California. Founded by Reed Hastings and Marc Randolph in Scotts Valley, California, it offers a film and television series library through distribution deals as well as its own productions, known as Netflix Originals.
Benefits of Working Netflix:
1. Stock Option Program
The Stock Option Program lets every employee choose how much of their compensation goes to their salary or stock options. It’s completely optional, and Netflix has no say in whether or not a person has to contribute to this scheme.
Employees get to determine the ratio of cash to stock options and choose how much risk or upside they want. The options are available for 10 years and are fully vested, which means the employee keeps them even after leaving the company.
The employee can gather as many stock options as they want. They can then buy those options when the prices are right to make a reasonable profit from them.
2. Finance and Retirement Benefits
Netflix offers a 4% salary match on their 401(k) program. This means that if an employee makes $100,000 annually, then Netflix contributes up to $4,000 toward the 401(k).
This is a great benefit that potential employees find attractive, as it helps them put a plan in place to secure their future.
3. Personal Top of Market-based Salaries
The Personal Top of Market incentive is one of the more favorable Netflix employee benefits and gains the company a lot of traction when it comes to its talent.
“Personal Top of Market” is Netflix’s way of offering a competitive salary to their employees. They are essentially being paid the most that they can within their field.
This method does not rely on raises or any additional compensation as their employees are already earning as much as they can. Netflix is willing to adjust the employee’s salary as soon as the market changes, without waiting for an annual event to do so.
4. Netflix’s Employee Giving Program
Netflix aims to help its employees make an impact outside of work. By this, they mean to help employees when donating to any charitable organization of their choice.
What Netflix does is match the contributions their employees made, but only up to $20,000. It’s a noble gesture for a company to do and can boost employee morale.
It can increase the amount of respect the employee might have for the employer and help create a positive workspace.
Donating to a charitable organization also has a positive impact within the community of the employee’s choice, which in turn reflects well on the brand in question.
5. The Work, Not Drive-Initiative
Netflix understands that commuting to work can present employees with a few obstacles. Things like rush hour traffic or delayed public transport don’t always sync up favorably with a person’s schedule.
The “Work, Not Drive” initiative from Netflix provides a solution to this problem. By partnering with a rideshare service, Netflix gives employees time to get started on work in the car while they are driven around.
- What role do you feel the administrative assistant serves in the office?
- What do you enjoy about being an administrative assistant?
- What software and office equipment are you proficient in using?
- Describe a project you enjoyed working on as an administrative assistant.
- What skills do you believe are most important in the role of an administrative assistant and why?
- Describe a situation in which discretion was needed in your role as an administrative assistant and how you handled it.
- How would you approach a situation in which you were given a task but didn’t receive complete instructions?
- What management style do you prefer?
- What do you believe is the most challenging part of the administrative assistant role?
- Tell me about a time you had to support a large team. Were you successful?