Netflix Jobs London | Netflix Looking For Director London United Kingdom, At Netflix, we are reinventing the way people are entertained by both enabling and innovating how visual storytelling is produced, discovered, and enjoyed.
Netflix provides a platform for stories from different places and different perspectives to reach, connect, and inspire millions of people all over the world. In this role, you sit at the intersection of content, marketing, and product, powering one of the most transformational shifts in the industry.
Netflix is the world’s leading internet entertainment service with over 200 million members in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, feature films, and games across a wide variety of genres and languages.
As the Creative Production Leader, you will grow, develop and lead a team that is ultimately responsible for contextualizing what is special about the stories on our service.
Your team strives to authentically represent the multiple narratives that exist in every story so that our members can discover the stories that they will love.
You and your team define and drive the creative and operational strategy for how we represent and launch titles across these regions and partner with internal and external partners to ensure a seamless experience for our members in these countries and beyond.
|Post Name||Director, Creative Production|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Location||London, England, United Kingdom EC3M|
|Min Salary||GBP 90000 to|
|Max Salary||GBP 95000 Per Year|
Key Characteristics Sought:
- You value, understand, and can deliver great experiences for our members
- Approach problems with both a local and regional lens
- Build strong partnerships locally, regionally, and globally to advocate for the needs, nuances, and complexity of the UK, DACH, Nordics, and Benelux while seeking a broader understanding and best practices
- Have first-hand experience working with products/brands/content in the UK
- Understand that local titles have the power to inspire global phenomena
- Have a strong track record of building and cultivating great locally-oriented teams
- You are equally adept at defining and driving both Creative and Operational Excellence
- Understands the challenges and importance of driving high-quality creative work at scale
- Ensures regional and global business context is considered alongside local ambitions to find the sweet spot for this team
- Inspires a multi-disciplinary team toward shared goals, objectives, and opportunities
- You are a strong strategic partner to cross-functional leaders
- You are a great bridge with other country teams in the region: equally adept at articulating your own vision while also collaborating to drive market success.
- You are adept at speaking to Product considerations (member-first approach, hypotheses forming, and experimentation) as well as Marketing/Content concerns (audiences, how to integrate the brand into day-to-day work, storytelling)
- You influence and synthesize functional context and strategy for your teams in a way that best suits the needs of the markets.
- You are a builder and developer of strong multidisciplinary teams
- You’ve grown, managed and evolved teams comprising multiple functions
- You know how to develop and sustain a healthy and inclusive organization
Ideal Candidates Will:
- Bring nuanced and deep local experience which allows you to provide input on local creative and operational strategy from a market perspective while influencing regional and global teams.
- Be an excellent leader who sees the big picture. You know how to inspire your own team through the challenges of a rapidly evolving business.
- Be an invaluable colleague to your cross-functional stakeholders and partners by working with them closely to recognize opportunities and synthesize strategy across other countries, regions, and functions.
- Be equally comfortable in “left brain” or “right brain” problem solving, but be most excited when both are deployed at the same time and understand how to leverage data and insights to push the boundaries of creative excellence.
- Have an eye for compelling creativity, inspire and set a high bar for quality, and advocate effectively on behalf of what’s best for the member experience.
- Adept at identifying, innovating, and developing opportunities for efficiency and increased impact on the team.
- Be adept at managing teams across multiple markets and offices, different cultures and languages, with frequent travel to Berlin, Stockholm, and Amsterdam to immerse more deeply in the markets and build the team and partnerships.
- Be an earnest and inclusive leader who will be a great steward of the Netflix culture while also helping it to shape and evolve over time.
- 10+ years of experience managing teams (20+ full-time employees) in an environment that has had to scale with rapid company and market growth.
- Proven experience building a diverse team: hiring, developing, and managing high performers.
- Experience working in the UK market (DACH, Nordics, and/or Benelux a plus), with a nuanced understanding of navigating the local challenges and opportunities while synthesizing regional and global context.
- Experience in managing teams and influencing outcomes in a matrix environment.
- Comfort working at a company, and in a team, where data and insights are heavily leveraged in decision-making. First-hand experience with A/B testing is a plus.
- Fluency in English (German, Dutch, and/or a Nordic language is a huge plus).