Microsoft Jobs in USA
Microsoft Jobs in USA, M12 is the corporate venture capital arm of Microsoft focused on early-stage (primarily Series A-C) investments, spanning, cloud and data infrastructure, DevOps cybersecurity, metaverse/Web3, and vertical SaaS- particularly in retail and financial services, healthcare, and digital biology. M12 accelerates the future of technology through investment, insights, and meaningful partnerships with Microsoft.
We are honored to have backed teams at over 100 great companies since launching M12 in 2016 including 27 exits and 15 unicorns. Notable investments include Livongo, Aqua, Contrast Security, eBay, and Innovaccer. M12 is headquartered in San Francisco with a presence in Seattle, Tel Aviv, London, and Bengaluru (Bengaluru).
We are looking for a Partner to develop and support our investment strategy in one or more areas of vertical SaaS with a focus on retail and fintech, cyber-security, and/or cloud & data infrastructure. This role may manage 1 analyst or associate. We place a premium on the diversity of ideas and are excited to add new perspectives to our team. We value accountability, continuous learning, inclusivity, teamwork, transparency, and trust.
|Post Name||Managing Partner- M12|
|Expected Salary||USD 150000 To USD 200000 Per Year|
|Address||San Francisco, California, United States 94104|
Responsibilities for Microsoft Careers:
Develop Investment Thesis and Drive Investments
Develop an investment thesis and strategy for one or more focus areas (retail/fintech, cyber security, cloud, and data infrastructure) by conducting market research and analyses and leveraging input from industry experts (founders, venture capitalists, executives) to assess market opportunity including long-term opportunity, customer and user unmet needs, market, and competitive landscape. Outputs will include reports, market maps, competitive landscapes
- Drive and lead 2-3 investments (Series A, B) directly each year based on your thesis
- Leverage the network of industry connections to drive deal sourcing and further cultivates executive relationships in startup and venture ecosystems to ensure a high volume of sourcing opportunities.
- Generate deal flow for top-tier deals by proactively identifying, assessing, and meeting with companies where there is potential for investment
- Analyze and synthesize complex information (including the opportunity to partner with Microsoft), identify the strengths and weaknesses of a startup, and form a point of view to reach a conviction.
Support Portfolio Companies & Engage with Microsoft Colleagues
- Adds value to portfolio companies by helping to recruit executives, raise funds, and move the company through the initial building phase (GTM, Product Business development)
- Builds trusted relationships and are confident in engaging with senior Microsoft executives and presenting presentations on relevant industry trends, competitive landscapes, etc.
Qualifications for Microsoft Jobs in USA:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field AND 6+ years of strategic consulting, investment banking, venture capital, building technology, and/or enterprise entrepreneurial ventures experience
- OR Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field AND 4+ years of strategic consulting, investment banking, venture capital, building technology, and/or enterprise entrepreneurial ventures experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience on a deal team
- Ideal candidates can “hit the ground running” through their deep domain expertise and related network of extensive industry contacts and peers
- Demonstrated track record of 6-8+ years of venture capital investing (or a strong angel investing track record and experience as a founding team member with experience raising venture capital)
- Experience as a board director or observer at a technology startup
- Experience working with and/or advising entrepreneurs esp. in areas of product and GTM
- Demonstrate a passion for the enterprise tech space; fascinated with the startup ecosystem, new markets, and new ways of doing things
- Excellent communicator and high EQ (Emotional Intelligence)
- Demonstrated ability and desire to navigate and collaborate in a large matrixed, complex organization
- Has the ability to effectively lead and find solutions in a constantly changing environment.
|Education Required||Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field|
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hour|
Additional or Preferred Qualifications for Microsoft Jobs in USA:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field AND 8+ years of strategic consulting, investment banking, venture capital, building technology, and/or enterprise entrepreneurial ventures experience
- OR Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field AND 6+ years of strategic consulting, investment banking, venture capital, building technology, and/or enterprise entrepreneurial ventures experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of commercial business experience.
- Generates energy; is a source of positive, motivating energy and multiplies the impact of the team by drawing out ideas, encouraging a growth mindset, and supporting throughout. Promotes creative and effective collaboration.
- Delivers success, defined as a financial and strategic return for Microsoft; seeks ideas and improves upon solutions to deliver more value. Drives teams to push through real and perceived barriers to find the right solutions.
- Ability to influence internal and external audiences and stakeholders
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills; can effectively lead and find solutions in a constantly changing environment.
- Manages and supports the development of an analyst or associate in the creation of investment thesis, sourcing, diligence, etc.
- Strategic thinker, with an understanding of market trends, a passion for technology and market analysis, and a capable writer ready to present to C-Suite leaders.
Microsoft is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you need assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
The benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Interview Questions for Managing Partners:
1. What factors do you consider when defining long-term goals?
Demonstrates planning and strategic thinking skills.
2. What is your method for shaping a company culture?
Shows work experience and the ability to influence company culture and environment.
3. How would you describe your leadership style?
Reveals leadership experience and competencies.
4. What is the most difficult decision you had to make in a managerial position?
Shows decision-making skills and the experience and ability to face challenges.
5. Can you describe a situation in which you received negative feedback from employees?
Shows people management skills and the ability to deal with criticism.