Manufacturing Jobs, Employment in San Diego, CA
Manufacturing Jobs in San Diego, Performs all duties related to preparing and baking products that are consistent with WFM quality standards. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times.
All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions.
All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the department.
|Post Name||Store Baker – Full Time|
|Company Name||Whole Foods Market|
|Expected Salary||USD 17 To USD 20 Per Hour|
|Address||San Diego, CA, United States 92103|
Job Responsibilities for Best manufacturing jobs in San Diego, CA:
- Measures, mixes, and prepares raw materials according to company specifications and recipes.
- Forms, cuts, molds, shapes, and bakes dough.
- Monitors cooking completion times and sets heat and humidity temperatures for the proof box.
- Checks product to ensure it meets WFM quality standards.
- Ensures temp, sweep, and sanitation logs are completed.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required training and meetings.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses the needs of customers in a timely and effective manner, and models suggestive selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising products.
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance with WFM cleanliness and safety standards.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or national leadership.
Job Skills for San Diego Jobs Hiring Immediately:
- Thorough product knowledge.
- Working knowledge and application of all merchandising expectations within the department.
- Working understanding of and compliance with all WFM quality goals, policies and procedures.
- Basic math skills for recipe conversions and modifications.
- Ability to use point of sale electronic systems.
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods Market.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality goals.
Experience for Best Jobs in San Diego:
- 6-12 months of retail experience.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking for 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing, and pulling.
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting, and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA-approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in wet and dry conditions.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including knives, box cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
- May require the use of ladders.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Education Required||High School Diploma|
Interview Question for Store Baker:
1. What previous work or study experience do you have as a baker?
The question should give you a complete picture of the candidate’s work and study experience as a baker. A candidate with real restaurant/bakery experience is preferential to one with only a degree.
If the candidate has apprenticed under a baker, this can be useful information to have. Also, knowing if the bakery he/she worked at was slow or busy can help determine if the candidate is right for the job.
2. What are your favorite techniques you use daily as a baker?
This question gives you insight into the level of expertise your baker has. Notice how specific the candidate is with regards to techniques, the quality of loaves of bread, and so on.
Pay attention to what kind of equipment and/or appliances the baker prefers or if how he/she handles dough is problematic. Also, note how the candidate solved a problem when something specific at the bakery went wrong.
3. Tell me how you organize, plan and prioritize your work in the baking profession?
This question demonstrates the candidate’s organizational skills. Can the candidate recount his or her daily schedule in a methodical, organized way? Can he or she stay ahead of the orders without consistently falling behind? Is the quality consistent whether the orders are many or few? The most organized bakers will list off their methods easily and fluidly. Weaker bakers may stumble and make things up to get past this question.
4. Provide an effective method you have used to ensure that equipment meets health and safety regulations and is properly maintained.
A good candidate utilizes the health and safety regulations learned in school as well as the regulations that all restaurants require. Additionally, a good candidate incorporates these regulations seamlessly into his or her daily work. Health and safety are a very important part of food service, so making sure the baker is up to date on all health codes is crucial.
5. Provide an example of when you had to demonstrate leadership skills in the bakery where you worked.
People management is an important skill to have, and there are many ways to demonstrate leadership. Even one example will give you insight into the work ethic of the baker. If the candidate demonstrates an ability to handle a team and effectively manage people, you’ll get a good idea if he or she can take on the job offered.