|Post Name||Senior Manager|
|Salary||AUD 149000 To AUD 159000 Per Year|
|Company Name||PwC Australia|
|Education Required||Degrees/Field of Study required|
To solve important problems we need diverse talent. Our people use their creativity, authenticity and human differences to be champions of change. When people from diverse backgrounds, with different points of view, work together, we create incredible value – for our clients, our people, and our society. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
Life isn’t simple. The challenges facing us all are complex, chewy, and carry real risk. So at PwC, we’ve created ‘The New Equation’, a global strategy to tackle the challenges facing businesses and society. We’re coming together in new, creative ways to blend our experiences and uncover new, unexpected solutions. We focus on building trust, delivering sustained outcomes, and helping our clients solve their most important problems.
Today’s challenges need a fresh angle. Your ingenuity, passion, and experience, combined with the latest technology, can provide the answers we need. Together, we are a passionate community of solvers coming together in unexpected ways, creating new solutions for a new day.
We’re in the transformation business – for our clients and our people. We’re a diverse, ambitious team who hunts for imaginative ways to solve our clients’ most important challenges. You’ll get to work with the latest technologies, in an environment that empowers you to think differently.
The PwC Australia’s Independence team supports the Firm to bring this to life by:
- Building trust by promoting and fostering a robust and transparent compliance culture within the Australian Firm and across the Global PwC network;
- Managing, embedding, and continuously improving compliance processes to enable PwC, our partners, and staff, to meet auditor independence compliance obligations set out in the IESBA Code of Ethics/APES 110, SEC regulations, and the Corporations Act.
- Advising on a range of regulatory Independence requirements in relation to personal independence, firm business relationships, acquisitions and investments, non-audit services to audit clients, and much more.
- Providing technical advice and solutions to teams across the firm (escalating to team leadership as appropriate) on the application of Independence regulations to a broad range of scenarios including but not limited to:
- Joint delivery of client services with third parties and other collaborations, alliances, events, marketing campaigns, and sponsorships;
- Non-audit services to audit clients and their related entities;
- Personal Independence of PwC partners and staff
- Guidance to Audit and Assurance Teams;
- Firm acquisitions;
- Reviewing advice prepared by junior team members, and providing support and coaching to them on a day-to-day basis;
- Developing training materials, policies, and process documents as appropriate. This may also include delivery of training;
- Assisting with local implementation of Global policy and guidance;
- Analyzing potential breaches and preparing breach reporting;
- Managing service delivery ensuring that queries are answered promptly;
- Assisting with other areas of the Independence team as required.
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Location||Perth, Western Australia, Australia 6000|
- You are skilled in applying complex legislative, regulatory, and policy requirements to a range of facts and circumstances to provide practical solutions in novel scenarios.
- You have work experience in a professional role with an Audit, Legal, Tax, or Compliance background. Knowledge of Auditor Independence regulation is not necessary, although it can be an advantage. We will provide thorough training in both a formal and informal capacity. We are a dynamic and collaborative team who will support your learning and experience as you develop in your role.
- You are a problem solver by nature and want to join a firm that values the kind of people who reimagine the possible for their clients and stakeholders.
- Your strong analytical and communication skills, a keen eye for details, focus on client service and ability to work with teams in a matrix organization will be crucial in this role.
- You are commercially aware and have the willingness to work with the business to provide practical and timely advice. Your excellent interpersonal skills will enable you to manage your stakeholders effectively. Your capacity to learn, drive to succeed and dedication to quality will be key parts of the role.
- You act with integrity and show care for the people you work with.
- You have the exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment so being agile, able to multitask, and having strong organizational skills will be key to your success.
Working here carries prestige, but that’s not the only benefit. We want you to be at your best here, and we’re focused on helping you do it, your way. Here are some of the ways we create a balance between your work life and non-work life.
- Flexible daily working hours – we value work-life balance
- Work overseas or interstate – we know how precious time is with your family and friends
- Paid study (and leave!) – we’ll pay all the costs and give you time off to study
- Dress for your day – we trust you to choose what works best for you
- Yearly bonuses – get rewarded for a great performance!
- Health & fitness perks, like a wellness stipend and discounted memberships
- Generous parental leave policy for mums, dads, and foster carers