|Post Name||Legal Counsel|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Working Hours||8 Hour|
|Location||Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates 00000|
|Min. Salary||AED 30000|
|Max. Salary||AED 35000 Month|
|Qualification||MA in Law|
The Junior Legal Counsel provides all necessary support to the Senior Legal Counsel for the activities of TE in UAE & Qatar.
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Dealing and assisting with the day-to-day operational legal inquiries from the internal business units/departments e.g. tender letters, authority letters, legal forms, general inquiries, applications, etc.;
- Assisting in reviewing, drafting, advising, and negotiating on a diverse range of commercial and procurement contracts;
- Ensuring that agreements are compliant with local laws and regulations as well as TE’s internal policies;
- Keeping informed and up to date on new laws and regulations, and transmitting information to the affected departments;
- Coordinating with local authorities for company matters (Customs, Ministry of Economy, JAFZA, DED, etc.);
- Undertaking general corporate work (resolutions for share transfer, the establishment of companies, annual general meetings, meetings of the board of directors, external and internal delegations, power of attorneys, MOA’s, licenses, etc.);
- Visiting and following up with various governmental authorities (including the notary public), maintaining up-to-date corporate documents of the entities, and managing corporate information database;
- Coordinate with external agencies and PROs for translations, attestations, notarizations, certificates/letters, and matters related to the trade licenses and all administrative related activities of the entities including updating of company records with the relevant government departments, etc.;
- Assisting in contract database management, contracts safekeeping, updating company policies, and company stamp register;
- Handling matters related to brand protection and counterfeiting with local IP firms (investigations, administrative actions, etc.);
- Conducting legal research and analysis, preparing presentations and consolidated reports for Senior Legal Counsel;
- Dealing with ad hoc legal matters as entrusted by the Senior Legal Counsel.
Context and environment
The Legal Department provides legal advice to all of TE’s companies in the UAE & Qatar to protect the interests of TE and minimize legal risks. The scope of the job includes many high-value assets with complex and voluminous contractual arrangements.
Working in an environment where the legal regime is not highly developed with recent and constantly changing legislations, clear answers are often not available.
The Legal Department is involved with negotiations and legal discussions which can be protracted and require a flexible, diplomatic approach in order to achieve the business objectives without significant compromise on legal issues.