Pensions Manager Job in UK
Jobs with Visa Sponsorship in Europe, for Indians, for Filipino, with Salary, As an experienced UK Pensions Manager with the primary focus of supporting the Trustee Board in its governance of the Baker Hughes UK Pension Plan and wider corporate activities to support the management of retirement programs in the UK and across the Europe region.
Anticipating, enabling, and supporting compliance with regulatory and administrative frameworks to ensure the smooth and efficient management of the Plan on behalf of the Trustee Board and members.
The Baker Hughes UK Pension Plan is a complex, multi-section DB and DC scheme, closed to accrual, with assets of c£1.5bn and membership of c7,500.
The role may involve supporting the oversight of the Company’s ongoing UK Retirement Savings vehicle governed under the Mercer Master Trust.
|Post Name||Pensions Manager|
|Company Name||Baker Hughes|
|Expected Salary||GBP 45000 To GBP 50000 Per Year|
|Address||Liverpool, England, United Kingdom L1 1QR|
- Acting as Secretary to the Trustee, working closely with the Chair, providing all aspects of a professional secretariat service, and managing all the activity of the Trustee in order to ensure it is effectively supported and informed, drawing on advice from external advisers, where appropriate.
- Maintaining and developing the Trustee Board’s business plan in line with the Board’s strategic objectives, and ensuring that projects/cyclical works are undertaken within the required timescales and legislation.
- Preparing the agenda and meeting packs for 4 Trustee meetings, 4 Investment Sub-Committee, and 4 DC and Administration Sub-Committee meetings a year (12 full-day meetings).
- Preparing for ad hoc meetings in person or by conference call as required; drafting formal minutes and ensuring actions are disseminated and progressed.
- Managing relationships, and agreeing and maintaining contracts, with advisers and service providers.
- Accountable for the relationship with the third-party administrators, ensuring the quality of delivery, assessment of risk controls, and performance in line with agreed service levels.
- Coordinating production of member communications to raise member awareness and understanding of the value of the Plan benefits.
- Coordinating with HR, Treasury, and other internal functions to provide operational support, as required, and ensuring an effective working relationship is maintained between the Trustee and the Company.
- Providing up-to-date Plan, information, and support to the Plan Sponsor, including in relation to the annual pensions accounting process.
- Overseeing the production of the Trustee’s annual report and accounts, including DC Chair’s Statement, Implementation Statements, and TCFD reports, managing the annual external audit process.
- Managing discretions cases and member complaints, with delegated authority to exercise certain Trustee discretions and respond on behalf of the Trustee to member complaints.
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
- Have strong organizational and project management skills.
- Have extensive experience working in the UK pensions industry, preferably at a managerial level and ideally as an Associate of the Pensions Management Institute.
- Have maintained excellent pension technical knowledge and market insights to provide guidance and technical support to the Trustee Board including interpreting rules, briefing papers, and understanding of issues.
- Have experience of managing external service providers and advisers ensuring contracts reflect the Trustee’s needs; the agreement and delivery of agreed performance metrics; and design of service review frameworks to assess satisfaction levels.
- Have Strong oral and written communication.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely from home or any other work location in the United Kingdom.
- Working flexible hours – flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit in everything in and work when you are the most productive.
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry,
We’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Interview Questions for Pensions Manager:
- Provide a method you have found effective in verifying compliance of transaction reporting.
- Share an experience in which you successfully responded to a difficult regulatory inquiry.
- Tell me about your last experience hiring or evaluating staff.
- Share an experience in which you successfully directed a staff/department. What methods led to your success?
- Describe a security valuation policy you have developed. What methods did you use?
- How do you effectively stay abreast of relevant investment markets?
- Share an effective you have used to ensure regulatory compliance of documents and materials.
- How do you make informed financial forecasting or decision making?
- Tell me about the last time you successfully presented investment information.
- Share an effective method you have used to monitor the financial or operational performance of individual investments.
- Share an experience in which monitoring law changes helped you capitalize on a development opportunity. Share an effective method you have used to monitor regulatory/tax law changes.
- Share an experience in which meeting with investors helped you determine investment goals and improve strategies.
- How do you identify target investors for a specific fund? Share an experience.
- What factors do you consider when evaluating the potential of new product developments or market opportunities? Describe an experience.
- Tell me about the last offering documents or marketing materials that you developed.