Jobs in Wellington, High Paying Jobs in Wellington NZ
Job OverviewWhy Microsoft Jobs in Wellington, High Paying Jobs in Wellington NZ, and Industry Solutions help Microsoft customers around the world get the best outcomes from their investments in the latest Microsoft cloud technologies.
We focus on empowering customers on their digital journey, from envisioning new possibilities to delivering solutions that result in targeted business outcomes and a great customer experience.
We are looking for someone to help us drive one core outcome: get more Microsoft customers engaging with our Security Services professionals.
In the role of Business Development Manager, you will be an expert on Microsoft’s Security Services strategy and work with the key stakeholders across sales and marketing in the region you are hired to evangelize the benefits of Microsoft Security Services.
More specifically, how these services can ensure customers are making the most of Microsoft’s security products to secure their IT environments. In this role, you will be accountable to the number of customers in your region that are using Microsoft Security Services hero offers.
|Post Name||Security Sales Business Development Manager|
|Expected Salary||NZD 48 To NZD 50 Per Hour|
|Address||Wellington, New Zealand 6011|
Responsibilities for Microsoft Jobs in New Zealand:The purpose of the role:
- Acts as a Security Subject Matter expert in support of Enterprise customer engagement in named accounts. This engagement could be one on one meetings, meetings, or one-to-many workshops. Be well versed in advising customers on how to Build Zero Trust Foundations, Modernized Security and Defend against threats, Secure Azure, Hybrid and Multi-Cloud, Protect and Govern sensitive data, Manage and investigate risks, and Security as a Service (managed service).
- Build connections with CISO in Microsoft Strategic Accounts. Understand current and future focus areas for Chief Information Security Officers and opportunities for Microsoft to build greater customer value.
- Work closely with the Security Strategy Service Line and Solutions team to develop security Offerings/SKUs and drive security integration across other Industry Solutions teams and Solutions (e.g., Domains, other Service Lines, Industry teams). Orchestrate both Customer and Microsoft key resources in a virtual team environment to define solution vision and achieve desired business outcomes
- Mine and share best practices across the Americas – US, Canada, and Latam regions for replication and faster Security Solution market penetration.
- Support the Account Team and Industry Solutions (Services) in developing, creating, and updating the account security plan, aligning with the overall account plan strategy. Develop relationships with customers, CxO level Business, and Technical Decision Makers, with a primary focus on CISOs. Lead security and compliance solution sales scenarios through understanding the customer’s long and short-term strategy, the industry, and the competition.
- Coach team members on identifying and qualifying security opportunities that map to Microsoft Security Offerings.
- Work to accelerate security deals orchestration by assisting the account team to develop value-based propositions and selling Security solutions mapped to customer business outcomes
|Education Required||Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred, relevant industry security certifications desired (e.g., CISSP, CCSP).|
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
Qualifications for Microsoft Jobs in New Zealand:What skills do you need to have? There will be many opportunities for you to learn and grow in this role and at Microsoft. However, to be able to best deliver on the purpose of this role, these are the core skills and experiences you should have on day one:
- Strong experience selling enterprise security business solutions to large/global enterprise customers.
- Proven record of effective business development and sales: planning, opportunity qualification and creation, stakeholder and executive communication, needs analysis, solution development, services/partner engagement, and value-based selling.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise selling to senior business leaders, especially CISOs, by aligning & reinforcing the value of cybersecurity solutions to the customer’s overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities and decision criteria.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Cloud offerings and/or complementing solutions. The position requires the ability to articulate and present the business value of Microsoft’s solutions and have a firm understanding of Microsoft’s strategies, together with security and compliance offerings relative to major Microsoft competitors.
- Excellent knowledge of enterprise software security solutions and platform competitor landscape. Including specific knowledge in key security domains across the entire customer environment, like Identity and Access Management, Threat Protection, Information Protection, and Security as a Managed Service.
- Ability to orchestrate and influence virtual teams to pursue sales opportunities and lead v-teams through influence, and integration skills, working with the Account Teams and Industry Services teams as well as Marketing teams to develop demand generation.
- Candidates must have field-based knowledge of competing and winning against solutions and technologies from competitors.
- The candidate must be confident and capable of delivering readiness to sales audiences and be able to represent the Cybersecurity solution sales business locally inside and outside of Microsoft, as well as be able to speak as a subject matter expert (SME) at industry or customer events
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred, relevant industry security certifications desired (e.g., CISSP, CCSP).
Team Culture and SupportMicrosoft believes that by investing in our people and creating an inclusive environment, our team will do its best work. See our complete list of benefits and why we are recognized as an Endorsed Employer for Women by WORK180. Microsoft Benefits | WORK180 Endorsed Employer Our mission is deeply inclusive. See Inside Microsoft | Global Diversity and Inclusion at Microsoft
What next?Even if you feel you may not meet 100% of the criteria, please apply. You may exceed your own expectations, or we may have another opportunity that suits your potential.
While we’re not able to reach out directly to every applicant, we will always do our best to help you feel heard and supported throughout the experience.
Microsoft is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form. The benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.